The Premise: IT Certifications are more valuable than a college degree.
Odds are that if you’ve been in IT for a while, you’ve been asked how many certifications you have. There’s no doubt that these are valuable. Yet many IT pros still feel that they need a college degree to hang on the wall. The roundtable discusses if this is a legacy of times gone by, or if a college degree still holds a more important place than certifications. The panel includes a wide range of experiences, with IT careers build with and without degrees, as well as someone currently in college pursuing an IT career. It’s a great conversation!
On-Premises for today’s roundtable:
Follow us on Twitter.
SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter for more great coverage right in your inbox.
- Veeam Acquired by Insight Partners | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 15, 2020 - January 15, 2020
- Wi-Fi Monetization is Bad – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - January 14, 2020
- AI Patent Trolls | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 8, 2019 - January 8, 2020
- IT Certifications Are More Valuable Than A College Degree – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - December 24, 2019
- Predictions for 2020 - December 19, 2019
- 2019 in Review | Gestalt IT Rundown: December 18, 2019 - December 18, 2019
- The Promise of the Cloud Cannot Be Achieved – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - December 17, 2019
- India’s New Data Regulation Bill | Gestalt IT Rundown: December 11, 2019 - December 11, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of December 9, 2019 - December 9, 2019
- Machine Learning Dominates at AWS re:Invent 2019 | Gestalt IT Rundown: December 4, 2019 - December 4, 2019