The VCAP is comprised of two Exams:
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional — Datacenter Administrator (VCAP4-DCA)
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Datacenter Design (VCAP4-DCD)
You must be a VCP4 before being able to sit the VCAP4 exams. So if you pass the VCP 4, Datacenter Administrator, and Datacenter Design exams you will gain both VCAP4 certifications, and you will only be a design defense away from the VCDX4 certification.
You will be able to register for the VCAP4-DCA Exam from July 12th and registration for the VCAP4-DCD Exam will be available in August.
A few other pieces of information:
- The Datacenter Administrator (VCAP4-DCD) exam will be 100% live labs!
- The Datacenter Design (VCAP4-DCD) exam will be a mixture of multiple-choice questions, and a design exercise, as it is today for VI3
- The testing centres for the Datacenter Administrator (VCAP4-DCD) exam will be expanded to a significantly larger pool than it is today
- The new exams will be scheduled directly with Vue, only the VCDX design defense will need arranging directly with VMware
- The blueprint documents for the new exams are still in development, but they will both be published in advance of the release of the exams
- The new exams will not have compulsory training course requirements
- The vSphere: Manage for Performance, vSphere: Troubleshooting, and yet-to-be-released vSphere: Manage and Design for Security courses will all be recommended as preparation for the Datacenter Administrator (VCAP4-DCD) exam, the exam content is centred around those 3 key areas.
- The vSphere: Design Workshop will be excellent preparation for the Datacenter Administrator (VCAP4-DCD) exam, the workshop content covers all of the objectives in the exam
As soon as the Exam Blueprint become available, rest assured that I will be putting together more online Practice Exams to help me and anyone else planning to take these exams. Watch this space!