The first CXL products have emerged, with Samsung delivering memory and storage expanders and MemVerge supporting big memory with their software. Stephen Foskett discusses these products with Julie Choi of Samsung, Steve Scargall of MemVerge, Shalesh Thusoo of Marvell, and George Apostol of Elastics.cloud to discuss current and emerging CXL products. This special episode of Utilizing CXL was recorded live at CXL Forum in New York, with the entire industry watching. Once memory expansion is delivered, where do we go next? Marvell is working to support the new protocol in chipsets, and Elastics Cloud developing CXL fabric switches. Everyone is ready for Intel and AMD to release their next-generation server chips, which natively support CXL, and the CXL Consortium is already working on the next release!
- Stephen Foskett, Publisher of Gestalt IT and Organizer of Tech Field Day. Find Stephen’s writing at GestaltIT.com and on Twitter at @SFoskett.
- Julie Choi, Head of New Product Business Marketing, Samsung Memory. Connect with Julie on LinkedIn.
- Steve Scargall, Senior Product Manager and Software Architect, MemVerge. Connect with Steve on LinkedIn.
- Shalesh Thusoo, VP of CXL Product Development, Marvell. Connect with Shalesh on LinkedIn.
- George Apostol, CEO and Cofounder, Elastics.cloud. Connect with George on LinkedIn.
For your weekly dose of Utilizing CXL, subscribe to our podcast on your favorite podcast app through Anchor FM and check out more Utilizing Tech podcast episodes on the dedicated website, https://utilizingtech.com/.