Over at ZDNet, Larry Dignan gave a preview of Nutanix’s latest offers, as presented at the .NEXT conference. Nutanix is updating their network virtualization within their hyperconverged infrastructure setup. Specifically, their upcoming Prism software, set to release in January 2017, will allow a unified view into storage, server, and virtualization resource usage, with the ability to zoom into individual VMs.
The company also demoed their Acropolis tool under development, which allows for advanced governance of communication between applications, or microsegmentation. Nutanix is pushing the security implications of using a logical distribution of resources in the network that is abstracted from physical ones.
These announcements show Nutanix is not shying away from competing directly with VMWare NSX.
Converged infrastructure vendor Nutanix is adding more datacenter automation to its platform and expanding to include network visualization, security, and orchestration.
At its .NEXT Europe conference in Vienna, the company said it is taking its one-click approach to so-called micro segmentation, security, and network orchestration. Nutanix also expanded its application programming interface (API) roster.
- Cloud Extensions, DevOps Models, and Playing with GUIs on Docker with Gestalt Cloud News 17.6 - June 22, 2017
- AMD’s Future in Servers: New 7000-Series CPUs Launched and EPYC Analysis - June 22, 2017
- PCIe versus Ethernet in a Composable System - June 22, 2017
- Managing Your IT Career – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 20, 2017
- Wavebox: All Your Web Apps Are Belong To Us - June 16, 2017
- Excelero’s NVMesh Magic - June 14, 2017
- A Quick Look at LinuxKit Packaging System - June 14, 2017
- Advice to Vendors: Know Your Identity - June 9, 2017
- QNX Gets Containers - June 8, 2017
- Datera Elastic Data Fabric - June 7, 2017