There’s a lot to be said for Paessler PRTG. Paessler bills it as all around network “wellness” monitoring solution. Most recently, they’ve begun to offer the ability to monitor virtual infrastructure, which is obviously vital for a viewing and diagnosing a modern network. It doesn’t even require agents or additional installed software on monitored systems, preferring to use native management interfaces. All of that is great.
What stood out to me? Smartwatch apps! That’s right, I can monitor my network status right from my wrist. I’m really impressed to see both Android Wear and Apple Watch support, the latter is, dare I say, elegant. Sure most solutions, including Paessler, already have robust smartphone apps that are much more capable. But forget autonomous vehicle, virtual reality, or 3D-printed limbs, checking your network status from your wrist is the surest sign we’re in the future.
Paessler demoed this at Tech Field Day Extra at VMWorld Europe this year.
All about virtualization comments:
It is not a secret, that a functional network keeps the company productive and your boss happy. In further consequence, your life as the responsible administrator is without stress and more comfortable.
To reach this goal, the implementation of a network monitoring tool is a reasonable measure
When reviewing the market of network monitoring solutions, you will discover sooner or later Paessler’s PRTG Network Monitor.
Paessler AG was founded 1997 in Nuremberg, Germany and is a privately held company. In the beginning, PRTG was a solution closing the gap of having a tool to monitor the network and server load.
In the meantime, PRTG is providing the “all around wellness package for monitoring” and the list of available sensors for PRTG is long and growing permanently.
Read more at: Paessler PRTG – Network Monitoring Made in Germany
- Revisited: Security is a Dumpster Fire – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 12, 2018
- Getting Out From Under the Policy Boulder with Juniper’s Contrail Policy Framework - June 12, 2018
- Cisco Live US 2018 Live Blog - June 11, 2018
- Theresa Miller – IT Origins - June 7, 2018
- The Ice Man Buyeth | Gestalt IT Rundown, June 6, 2018 - June 6, 2018
- Looking at the Internet with ThousandEyes - June 5, 2018
- The IT Takeaways from WWDC 2018 - June 5, 2018
- BONUS: Ted Dunning – IT Origins - June 5, 2018
- Tangled Up in Blue Notes - June 4, 2018
- Microsoft to Acquire GitHub - June 4, 2018