Here’s your regular look at what’s happening in cloud.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
Platform9 offers private cloud infrastructure as a service. This sounds simple, but inverts what organizations need to plan for when they move to the public cloud. Platform9 enables enterprises to flatten a lot of the barriers to entry for setting up and maintaining a private cloud deployment.
With all the billion dollar deals with Google and AWS in the Snap Inc IPO, Microsoft just announced a substantial deal of their own. The Indian e-commerce giant Flipkart entered into a strategic partnership with Redmond to adopt Azure going forward. This is a big get for Microsoft, but perhaps not as big as it appears on face. What’s important isn’t so much the size of this particular partnership, but rather its implication for Microsoft overall Azure strategy.
Article that made us think this week…
Connor Forrest writes: IBM will soon bring some of the core machine learning technology from IBM Watson to mainframes and the private cloud, the company announced on Wednesday. The new cognitive platform, simply called IBM Machine Learning, will make its debut on the z System mainframe.
Make sure your calendar is clear this summer for Cloud Field Day, hitting Silicon Valley in late July. In 2016, the event featured presentations from Cisco, Docker, Druva, and Scality. Make sure to check back for more information on presenting companies and delegates as the event approaches.
More interesting reads from the community
Alternatives to Intel’s $8898 Top Dog Xeon – by Rich Stroffolino
ZeroStack Adds Learning To Their Automated Infrastructure – by Ethan Banks
How Much Data is Used for Open Mesh Cloud Management? – by Lee Badman
This week’s cloud news brought to you by the team at
- In Defense of Facebook’s “Protect” - February 15, 2018
- Tom Lyon – IT Origins - February 15, 2018
- Do You Want to Build a Cloud? Gestalt IT Rundown: February 14, 2018 - February 14, 2018
- AI and Machines That Think They Can Think - February 14, 2018
- Docker for Home Automation - February 13, 2018
- The Cheapest PC Is Now More Expensive and Worse - February 13, 2018
- What’s Next for Infrastructure in a Post-Meltdown Reality? - February 13, 2018
- The IT Differentiation Dilemma – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - February 13, 2018
- Silent Keyboards, a Talk with Jack Daniel, and Cisco LIVES in Gestalt News 18.7 - February 12, 2018
- The Sound of Silence: MX Board Silent Review - February 12, 2018