Here’s your regular look at what’s happening in cloud.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
Platform9 offers private cloud infrastructure as a service. This sounds simple, but inverts what organizations need to plan for when they move to the public cloud. Platform9 enables enterprises to flatten a lot of the barriers to entry for setting up and maintaining a private cloud deployment.
With all the billion dollar deals with Google and AWS in the Snap Inc IPO, Microsoft just announced a substantial deal of their own. The Indian e-commerce giant Flipkart entered into a strategic partnership with Redmond to adopt Azure going forward. This is a big get for Microsoft, but perhaps not as big as it appears on face. What’s important isn’t so much the size of this particular partnership, but rather its implication for Microsoft overall Azure strategy.
Article that made us think this week…
Connor Forrest writes: IBM will soon bring some of the core machine learning technology from IBM Watson to mainframes and the private cloud, the company announced on Wednesday. The new cognitive platform, simply called IBM Machine Learning, will make its debut on the z System mainframe.
Make sure your calendar is clear this summer for Cloud Field Day, hitting Silicon Valley in late July. In 2016, the event featured presentations from Cisco, Docker, Druva, and Scality. Make sure to check back for more information on presenting companies and delegates as the event approaches.
More interesting reads from the community
Alternatives to Intel’s $8898 Top Dog Xeon – by Rich Stroffolino
ZeroStack Adds Learning To Their Automated Infrastructure – by Ethan Banks
How Much Data is Used for Open Mesh Cloud Management? – by Lee Badman
This week’s cloud news brought to you by the team at
- Trends – IT Origins Survey - April 19, 2018
- Qualcomm’s Terrible No Good Very Bad Acquisition | Gestalt IT Rundown: April 18, 2018 - April 18, 2018
- Open Mesh Brings Major Disruption to SMB Space, Goes Full-Stack - April 17, 2018
- BONUS: Karen Lopez – IT Origins - April 17, 2018
- You Can’t Handle the SaaS in Gestalt News 18.14 - April 16, 2018
- Sonia Cuff – IT Origins - April 12, 2018
- Traditional is the New Legacy - April 11, 2018
- The Security Problem of Email Dots - April 10, 2018
- You Should Care Where SaaS Lives | On-Premise IT Roundtable - April 10, 2018
- VPNs Made Easy, Panera Data Breach, and InfiniSync in Gestalt News 18.13 - April 9, 2018