Here’s your regular look at what’s happening in cloud.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
Platform9 offers private cloud infrastructure as a service. This sounds simple, but inverts what organizations need to plan for when they move to the public cloud. Platform9 enables enterprises to flatten a lot of the barriers to entry for setting up and maintaining a private cloud deployment.
With all the billion dollar deals with Google and AWS in the Snap Inc IPO, Microsoft just announced a substantial deal of their own. The Indian e-commerce giant Flipkart entered into a strategic partnership with Redmond to adopt Azure going forward. This is a big get for Microsoft, but perhaps not as big as it appears on face. What’s important isn’t so much the size of this particular partnership, but rather its implication for Microsoft overall Azure strategy.
Article that made us think this week…
Connor Forrest writes: IBM will soon bring some of the core machine learning technology from IBM Watson to mainframes and the private cloud, the company announced on Wednesday. The new cognitive platform, simply called IBM Machine Learning, will make its debut on the z System mainframe.
Make sure your calendar is clear this summer for Cloud Field Day, hitting Silicon Valley in late July. In 2016, the event featured presentations from Cisco, Docker, Druva, and Scality. Make sure to check back for more information on presenting companies and delegates as the event approaches.
More interesting reads from the community
Alternatives to Intel’s $8898 Top Dog Xeon – by Rich Stroffolino
ZeroStack Adds Learning To Their Automated Infrastructure – by Ethan Banks
How Much Data is Used for Open Mesh Cloud Management? – by Lee Badman
This week’s cloud news brought to you by the team at
- VMware NSX: Going Big with Micro-Segmentation - May 23, 2017
- DNA Storage is Weird - May 23, 2017
- NetApp and Open Source - May 23, 2017
- What is Big Data? The On-Premise IT Roundtable - May 23, 2017
- NAS Effect: 10TB Western Digital Red Drives - May 22, 2017
- Intel NFV, an SD-WAN Cook-Off, and a Missing Control Plane in Gestalt Networking News 17.6 - May 22, 2017
- “Big Data” Isn’t a Thing - May 19, 2017
- Managed Storage with ClearSky Data - May 19, 2017
- Microsoft Opening Data Centers in Africa - May 18, 2017
- Datrium And Open Convergence - May 18, 2017