At Cloud Field Day, Ben Kepes got to see the latest from ServiceNow. In the broadest terms, it’s kind of like IFTTT or Zapier for legacy business systems. As a technology it’s really interesting. But is that enough?
In this iteration of Gestalt Cloud News:
– Breaking down what exactly is Big Data, and how it is, and isn’t, transforming the data center
– Looking toward how storage companies are embracing cloudification and data non-locality
– Running GUI’s with Docker on macOS
Plus, thoughts on if DevOps really requires a new operating model.
In this edition of Gestalt Cloud News:
– StarWind gives you a gateway to the cloud
– Where is your life simulation hosted in the public cloud?
– And some non-hysterical thoughts on CloudBleed
In this weeks Gestalt Cloud News:
– Platform9 simplifies private cloud infrastructure
– Azure gets a win with Flipkart
– IBM launches cognitive computing for private clouds
Plus what else you could buy instead of a $9000 Intel Xeon!
Gestalt IT has another cloud newsletter. In this week’s edition:
– Keith Townsend looks at how VMware’s NSX must evolve to stay relevant
– Data Control in a Multi-Cloud World
– And Who’s making money in the Public Cloud?
Plus a fun history of the ill-fated, but still occasionally relevant, PCMCIA slot!
Welcome to the first Gestalt IT Cloud News for 2017. In this week’s newsletter:
– ZeroStack wants to manage the cloud with the cloud
– Velostrata moves you to the cloud in minutes with their new product release
– StratoScale wants to be your private cloud
Plus Tim Crawford’s piece on the real price of the public cloud.