Storage has never been simple, and transparency is not synonymous with storage management. Could it be that the latest-generation storage startups have finally cracked that challenge? Scott D. Lowe asks the question, after visiting a number of these companies as part of Storage Field Day 1.
I spent a lot of time this week with various storage vendors, including Dell, Coraid, Pure Storage, Brocade, Tintri and more. While the presentations tended to be very technical, some practitioner tidbits managed to make their way to the surface as well and, in reviewing the various sessions, there are some clear commonalities that I saw across the board and they spell good things for businesses that want to refocus their Information Technology efforts more toward bottom line-driven business objectives.
- Docker Enterprise Sold to Mirantis, Docker Desktop, Hub Raise $35MM - November 19, 2019
- Juniper NXTWORK 2019 Keynote Live Blog - November 12, 2019
- Where Did Tech Field Day Come From? Tech Field Day at 10 - November 4, 2019
- Druva Protects Corporate Data Outside the Firewall - October 30, 2019
- It’s All About the Delegates: Tech Field Day at 10 - October 27, 2019
- Nth Generation Symposium Keynote Live Blog - October 24, 2019
- SolarWinds Aims to Connect the Data Dots - October 24, 2019
- Celebrating 10 Years of Pure Storage and Tech Field Day - October 23, 2019
- Meeting the Storage Performance Requirements of AI and ML Workloads with WekaIO - October 23, 2019
- Commvault Go Day 1 Live Blog - October 15, 2019