Justin Warren writing for Forbes comments:
The number of competitors didn’t appear to faze Primary Data, ClearSky Data and Reduxio, who all launched at the show. It’s starting to feel like storage startups spontaneously appear whenever the density of nerds reaches some mysterious threshold.
Another major category at the show this year was backup or copy data management which is a complex name that I think will struggle to resonate with customers. New companies in the space include Rubrik, Datto and Cohesity, while industry veteran Commvault had a significant presence at the show sporting a shiny new logo.
Justin takes a look at some of the hot storage startups that launched at VMworld 2015. Which one was your favorite?
Read more: Storage Dominates VMworld Once Again
- Docker Enterprise Sold to Mirantis, Docker Desktop, Hub Raise $35MM - November 19, 2019
- Juniper NXTWORK 2019 Keynote Live Blog - November 12, 2019
- Where Did Tech Field Day Come From? Tech Field Day at 10 - November 4, 2019
- Druva Protects Corporate Data Outside the Firewall - October 30, 2019
- It’s All About the Delegates: Tech Field Day at 10 - October 27, 2019
- Nth Generation Symposium Keynote Live Blog - October 24, 2019
- SolarWinds Aims to Connect the Data Dots - October 24, 2019
- Celebrating 10 Years of Pure Storage and Tech Field Day - October 23, 2019
- Meeting the Storage Performance Requirements of AI and ML Workloads with WekaIO - October 23, 2019
- Commvault Go Day 1 Live Blog - October 15, 2019