Justin Warren writing for Forbes comments:
The number of competitors didn’t appear to faze Primary Data, ClearSky Data and Reduxio, who all launched at the show. It’s starting to feel like storage startups spontaneously appear whenever the density of nerds reaches some mysterious threshold.
Another major category at the show this year was backup or copy data management which is a complex name that I think will struggle to resonate with customers. New companies in the space include Rubrik, Datto and Cohesity, while industry veteran Commvault had a significant presence at the show sporting a shiny new logo.
Justin takes a look at some of the hot storage startups that launched at VMworld 2015. Which one was your favorite?
Read more: Storage Dominates VMworld Once Again
- Making Security Safe for All - July 29, 2019
- Liveblog: Intel Data-Centric Innovation Day 2019 - April 2, 2019
- Intel’s Crossover Point: A 3D Spork? - March 29, 2019
- Nyansa Wants To Be the IoT Sheriff - March 27, 2019
- Inside-Out vs. Outside-In Hybrid Cloud - January 14, 2019
- Thin Provisioning: The Lies We Tell Our Systems - December 21, 2018
- Why Would Microsoft Buy Mellanox? - December 19, 2018
- Pure Storage Isn’t About All-Flash Anymore (and Never Really Was) - December 13, 2018
- Liqid Takes Composable Infrastructure to a New Level - December 5, 2018
- The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our machines… - November 26, 2018