Most of our readers are familiar with the Tech Field Day event series we run, but not everyone understands that there are a lot of people working on these events. In addition to Tom Hollingsworth, Stephen Foskett, and Ben Gage, who you see at events, there’s Claire Chaplais and Mel Zura in the office and Rich Stroffolino here at Gestalt IT. Today we’re announcing that Ken Nalbone is joining the crew and will be leading the Cloud Field Day events going forward!
You might recognize Ken from the recent IT Origins profile we put together. He’s a nerd like us, doing the work of IT for years. Check out his blog, FullStackKengineer, and you’ll learn that he’s also a double VMware VCP and leader of both the VMware and Veeam User Groups in Indianapolis. It’s this combination of technical focus and community leadership skills that brought him to our attention and make us think he can do the job.
Ken will be learning on the job, attending Security Field Day in December and Tech Field Day Austin in January before turning his focus to his own event, Cloud Field Day in April. Like Tom and Stephen, Ken will also be attending industry events and working on “exclusive” events with major industry companies. Be sure to say hello and let him know if you’re interested in being part of the Field Day family as a delegate or presenter!
- Introducing Ken Nalbone, Cloud Field Day Event Lead - October 5, 2018
- Quantum Computing and Cryptography - September 14, 2018
- Snowflake Networks - July 25, 2018
- What Differentiates Servers in a Commodity x86 World? - July 20, 2018
- 3D XPoint Is At A Crossroads – Can Intel and Micron Deliver? - July 19, 2018
- How to create your own Docker image - July 17, 2018
- StarWind Supports SMB3 – Did You Know? - May 21, 2018
- The Challenges of Working Remotely - May 11, 2018
- StorageOS Now Available for Your Container Storage Needs - May 4, 2018
- Touching the Void: Cloudian Acquires Infinity Storage - March 29, 2018