With the upcoming Ipocalypse it seems like time to start discussing IPv6 in detail. Although we previously covered IPv6 in Show 21 — IPv6 for the Win! Part 1 and Show 21 — IPv6 for the Win! Part 2 we think that IPv6 is big enough to have another shot.
- Shivlu Jain http://www.mplsvpn.info | Twitter: @shivlu
- ruhann du plessishttp://routing-bits.com | Twitter : @routingbits
- Kurt Bales, Eintellego www.network-janitor.net | Twitter: @networkjanitor
- Skeeve Stevens , Eintellego www.eintellego.net | Twitter: @skeevework
Matters At Hand
Boche.Net — VMware and jumbo frames
IPv6 — It’s almost here
- public IPv6 allocation and how the RIRs will respond.
- Shivlu points out that 6RD is going to be the most popular choice.
- cablemap.info shows a global map withthe undersea cables around the globe.
- http://revk.www.me.uk/2011/01/expert.html Blog post suggesting that the ARIN is working up a media event for the last of the IPv4 addresses.
Egypt blocking off the Internet
- Observations, comments. Statements of the obvious.
- Skeeve points out that at recent Internet conference Egypt wants to be able to tap all the backbone cables.
- global prefix and it’s failure for carrier dependent deploymnt
Subscribe in iTunes and RSS
Media Player and MP3 Download
- Show 40 — Openflow — Upending the Network Industry - April 7, 2011
- Show 39 — Unplugged on Tech Field Day Wireless - April 4, 2011
- Rant: Why SPB Doesn’t Get Any Attention - March 27, 2011
- Show 38 — Comparing Data Centre Fabrics From Juniper, Brocade and Cisco - March 25, 2011
- Show 37 — Even More IPv6 Ready Than Last Week - March 14, 2011
- PPP Show 36 — IPv6 Ready - March 14, 2011
- Show 35 — Media Markup — A Garden of Switches - March 6, 2011
- Show 34 — Breaking the Three Layer Model - February 27, 2011
- Show 32 — Media Mungle - February 1, 2011
- Show 33 — IPv6 It All Comes Down to Money - January 30, 2011