The rise in mobile devices such as iPads, HP tablets and more means that Wireless Networking is becoming part of the mainstream for network engineers. You can’t ignore it anymore. When we got an invitation to the very first ever Wireless Tech Field Day in San Jose on March 17 & 18 , then we all packet our bags and headed out.
Greg got to meet Tom for the first time, and bunch of other wireless nerds (Full List and talk networking. To wrap it up we recorded this show where we gove the Packet Pushers critical eye on the products and the presentations, talk about what we loved and hated, some of the interesting parts of the show.
- comparing the Spectrum Analysis tools from Air Magnet, Metageek (WiSpy) and discussing which one is best suited to different markets.
- A look at wireless controller networking and the fact that wireless manufacturers are moving towards distributed solutions and that companies like Aerohive are part of that move.
- Some info the HP and Cisco wireless networking products including discussion 3Ã—3 wireless stadanrd
You can find the Metageek training videos on their WiSpy products on Youtube by metageektrent.
You can Jennifer Huber’s Comparison video of MetaGeek and Air Magnet .
Greg’s post at EtherealMind.com on Controller based networks and might be worth contrasting with the move away from controller based networks in wireless AeroHive, HP, ‘Big Boner’ AP’s and Wireless LAN Controllers
Here are the presenting companies from the Wireless Tech Field Day:
Subscribe in iTunes and RSS
Media Player and MP3 Download
- Show 40 — Openflow — Upending the Network Industry - April 7, 2011
- Show 39 — Unplugged on Tech Field Day Wireless - April 4, 2011
- Rant: Why SPB Doesn’t Get Any Attention - March 27, 2011
- Show 38 — Comparing Data Centre Fabrics From Juniper, Brocade and Cisco - March 25, 2011
- Show 37 — Even More IPv6 Ready Than Last Week - March 14, 2011
- PPP Show 36 — IPv6 Ready - March 14, 2011
- Show 35 — Media Markup — A Garden of Switches - March 6, 2011
- Show 34 — Breaking the Three Layer Model - February 27, 2011
- Show 32 — Media Mungle - February 1, 2011
- Show 33 — IPv6 It All Comes Down to Money - January 30, 2011