We started talking about DDOS as the first topic and the use of external providers for DDOS filtering in the Internet core. Then we looked at the use of IDS systems for scanning traffic to detect DOS attacks, and why it’s not used. Well, some people do, but “in real life” IDS needs specialist expertise that causes more problems than it solves.
Then we looked at application based attacks and using Load Balancers to mitigate them. As well as a number of system / server design choices that might help to solve problems.
And then we realised that we didn’t have any more time.
Subscribe in iTunes
Media Player and MP3 Download
I am working on a RSS Feed for the MP3 version.
You can download an MP3 Version FROM HERE.
You can subscribe to the Podcast RSS feed (M4A version)
- Show 40 — Openflow — Upending the Network Industry - April 7, 2011
- Show 39 — Unplugged on Tech Field Day Wireless - April 4, 2011
- Rant: Why SPB Doesn’t Get Any Attention - March 27, 2011
- Show 38 — Comparing Data Centre Fabrics From Juniper, Brocade and Cisco - March 25, 2011
- Show 37 — Even More IPv6 Ready Than Last Week - March 14, 2011
- PPP Show 36 — IPv6 Ready - March 14, 2011
- Show 35 — Media Markup — A Garden of Switches - March 6, 2011
- Show 34 — Breaking the Three Layer Model - February 27, 2011
- Show 32 — Media Mungle - February 1, 2011
- Show 33 — IPv6 It All Comes Down to Money - January 30, 2011