We talked briefly about MIMO antennas for 802.11n when used outdoors.
And then how to start learning about Wireless Networking. The most important thing to learn is a working knowledge of Radio Frequency and signal propagation.
The best place to start to learn is cwnp.com. It’s vendor neutral and highly recommended. Other recommended blogs and podcasts can be found at:
One of the best blogs is Jerome Henry wirelessccie.blogspot.com who is a Cisco Wireless CCIE.
And we touched on some common mistakes that people can make when they are starting out in wireless networking.
Jeff Russell doesn’t have a Twitter account or a blog. Yet.
Send your queries and comments about the show to [email protected]. We want to hear from you!
- Show 40 — Openflow — Upending the Network Industry - April 7, 2011
- Show 39 — Unplugged on Tech Field Day Wireless - April 4, 2011
- Rant: Why SPB Doesn’t Get Any Attention - March 27, 2011
- Show 38 — Comparing Data Centre Fabrics From Juniper, Brocade and Cisco - March 25, 2011
- Show 37 — Even More IPv6 Ready Than Last Week - March 14, 2011
- PPP Show 36 — IPv6 Ready - March 14, 2011
- Show 35 — Media Markup — A Garden of Switches - March 6, 2011
- Show 34 — Breaking the Three Layer Model - February 27, 2011
- Show 32 — Media Mungle - February 1, 2011
- Show 33 — IPv6 It All Comes Down to Money - January 30, 2011