One of the most buzzed about pieces of news coming out of VMworld US this year was the announcement of a ESXi for ARM port. This is being released specifically for embedded and edge IoT, but even in that limited use cases, a lot of people got excited by the new architecture.
At VMworld EU this year Andrea Mauro got to see a demo of the port running on the most humble of ARM SoCs, the Raspberry Pi. While limited to being pre-packaged by OEMs, Andrea was nonetheless impressed by the boot speed to ESXi 6.8, all on 1GB of memory!
Read more of Andrea’s impression on the port here.
- Gestalt News for the Week of February 11, 2019 - February 11, 2019
- Intel’s Swan Song | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 6, 2019 - February 6, 2019
- You Need Sensors for Analytics – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - February 5, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of February 4, 2019 - February 4, 2019
- Necessary NAS Nomenclature - February 1, 2019
- A Shortage in Common Sense: The Myth of the Talent Gap - January 31, 2019
- Olympic Hacking in Japan | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 30, 2019 - January 30, 2019
- Kubernetes: Theory and Practice - January 30, 2019
- Compute Module 3+ on sale now from $25 - January 29, 2019
- The Government Shutdown and Security - January 24, 2019