Do you need a script to let you replicate ZFS snapshots for use as backups? Of course you do. Luckily Larry Smith Jr. is on the job. Take a look at what he’s put together. Looks like a good implementation to me.
Larry Smith Jr. comments:
ZFS – Replication Backups
I recently rebuilt my lab NAS hosts with Ubuntu 16.04 and used ZFS for the storage pools (once again). In doing it this time around I wanted to get a good method of leveraging ZFS snapshots and replicating them for my backups. I ended up coming up with the following script that has been working out quite well so far. As usual, I figured it might be worthwhile to share this for others to leverage as well.
Read more at: ZFS – Replication Backups
- Smartphones, Cars, and Democracy - January 18, 2018
- Enrico Signoretti – IT Origins - January 18, 2018
- Seeing the Impacts of Spectre on AWS - January 17, 2018
- Gestalt IT Rundown – January 17, 2018 - January 17, 2018
- BetterTouchTool and the Redemption of the Touch Bar - January 17, 2018
- Licensing Models Matter- The On-Premise IT Roundtable - January 16, 2018
- 400G Ethernet, Gina Minks, and WPA3 in Gestalt News 18.3 - January 15, 2018
- Accenting AI - January 12, 2018
- Mattermost: Your Own Private Slack - January 12, 2018
- Gina Minks – IT Origins - January 11, 2018