Do you need a script to let you replicate ZFS snapshots for use as backups? Of course you do. Luckily Larry Smith Jr. is on the job. Take a look at what he’s put together. Looks like a good implementation to me.
Larry Smith Jr. comments:
ZFS – Replication Backups
I recently rebuilt my lab NAS hosts with Ubuntu 16.04 and used ZFS for the storage pools (once again). In doing it this time around I wanted to get a good method of leveraging ZFS snapshots and replicating them for my backups. I ended up coming up with the following script that has been working out quite well so far. As usual, I figured it might be worthwhile to share this for others to leverage as well.
Read more at: ZFS – Replication Backups
- VMware NSX, Figuring Out Intent-Based Networking, and Career Management in Gestalt Networking News 17.7 - June 27, 2017
- Remembrances of Interfaces Past: Firewire - June 26, 2017
- Windows 10 S and Ransomware - June 23, 2017
- Cloud Extensions, DevOps Models, and Playing with GUIs on Docker with Gestalt Cloud News 17.6 - June 22, 2017
- AMD’s Future in Servers: New 7000-Series CPUs Launched and EPYC Analysis - June 22, 2017
- PCIe versus Ethernet in a Composable System - June 22, 2017
- Managing Your IT Career – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 20, 2017
- Wavebox: All Your Web Apps Are Belong To Us - June 16, 2017
- Excelero’s NVMesh Magic - June 14, 2017
- A Quick Look at LinuxKit Packaging System - June 14, 2017