Do you need a script to let you replicate ZFS snapshots for use as backups? Of course you do. Luckily Larry Smith Jr. is on the job. Take a look at what he’s put together. Looks like a good implementation to me.
Larry Smith Jr. comments:
ZFS – Replication Backups
I recently rebuilt my lab NAS hosts with Ubuntu 16.04 and used ZFS for the storage pools (once again). In doing it this time around I wanted to get a good method of leveraging ZFS snapshots and replicating them for my backups. I ended up coming up with the following script that has been working out quite well so far. As usual, I figured it might be worthwhile to share this for others to leverage as well.
Read more at: ZFS – Replication Backups
- Eclipse Logistics - August 21, 2017
- Asus B250 Mining Expert Motherboard with 19 PCI-E Slots - August 21, 2017
- Apple and the Oak Tree - August 21, 2017
- QLC NAND – how real is it and what can we expect from the technology? - August 18, 2017
- Episode 8 – Wireless Misconceptions - August 17, 2017
- Dueling AMD and Intel Server CPUs, HyperGrid Brings On-Demand to the Data Center, and Old World AI in Gestalt Server News 17.8 - August 16, 2017
- Sprucing up the lab with ioFABRIC & NVMe - August 16, 2017
- AMD Threadripper X399 Motherboards RANKED (by tackiness) - August 15, 2017
- Will Killing Net Neutrality End the Public Cloud? - August 15, 2017
- Cloud is More Than a Data Center: The On-Premise IT Roundtable - August 15, 2017