Do you need a script to let you replicate ZFS snapshots for use as backups? Of course you do. Luckily Larry Smith Jr. is on the job. Take a look at what he’s put together. Looks like a good implementation to me.
Larry Smith Jr. comments:
ZFS – Replication Backups
I recently rebuilt my lab NAS hosts with Ubuntu 16.04 and used ZFS for the storage pools (once again). In doing it this time around I wanted to get a good method of leveraging ZFS snapshots and replicating them for my backups. I ended up coming up with the following script that has been working out quite well so far. As usual, I figured it might be worthwhile to share this for others to leverage as well.
Read more at: ZFS – Replication Backups
- Google Drops a SHA-1 Collision Course - February 23, 2017
- Arris Acquires Ruckus From Brocade Who’s Getting Acquired by Broadcom - February 22, 2017
- How Much Data is Used For Open Mesh Cloud Management? - February 21, 2017
- Azure Gets a Win with Flipkart, Platform9 Simplifies the Cloud, and IBM Brings the Brains in Gestalt Cloud News 17.3 - February 21, 2017
- Platform9 Simplifies Cloud Infrastructure - February 21, 2017
- Understanding CNI (Container Networking Interface) - February 20, 2017
- Flipkart Adopting Microsoft Azure - February 20, 2017
- Intel’s Altera Acquisition Bears Fruit: Cyclone 10 FPGAs - February 20, 2017
- Dell EMC: When Two Hearts Beat As One - February 17, 2017
- Alternatives to Intel’s New $8898 Top Dog Xeon - February 15, 2017