Do you need a script to let you replicate ZFS snapshots for use as backups? Of course you do. Luckily Larry Smith Jr. is on the job. Take a look at what he’s put together. Looks like a good implementation to me.
Larry Smith Jr. comments:
ZFS – Replication Backups
I recently rebuilt my lab NAS hosts with Ubuntu 16.04 and used ZFS for the storage pools (once again). In doing it this time around I wanted to get a good method of leveraging ZFS snapshots and replicating them for my backups. I ended up coming up with the following script that has been working out quite well so far. As usual, I figured it might be worthwhile to share this for others to leverage as well.
Read more at: ZFS – Replication Backups
- Novelty MacBook Pro Touch Bar Apps – RANKED - January 20, 2017
- World of StorageCraft- Company Acquires Exablox - January 19, 2017
- The Devil’s in the DRAM with Diablo Technologies - January 18, 2017
- In Search of an Acronym: Zadara’s Storage as a Service - January 17, 2017
- Quorum’s Latest Release, AMD’s Lost Decade, and HCI in Gestalt Server News 17.2 - January 16, 2017
- Getting started with TMUX - January 16, 2017
- Raspberry Pi Foundation Launches New Compute Module - January 16, 2017
- The 802.11ac 1 Gbps Uplink Myth - January 16, 2017
- AMD: The Last Decade - January 16, 2017
- ThousandEyes, Network Shaming, and Google Fiber in this week’s Gestalt Networking News 17.1 - January 13, 2017