Zetta was an early Field Day supporter, presenting all the way back in 2010 at our first event at VMworld. Since then the company has had its ups and downs, and now seems to be “out”: It has been purchased by Arcserve, as reported by Ben Kepes.
Cloud changes things. And moving to a cloud DR and backup world isn’t simply a case of pointing data to a cloud-based destination point. It really is about embracing new technology approaches and, perhaps more importantly, but business models. Zetta gained good traction but, perhaps more importantly, gained a good knowledge base around how business in the cloud works differently from more traditional models. Arcserve is not only getting itself some technology but is also acquiring a good dose of smarts that will help it continue to execute as cloud becomes the default.
Read more at: Arcserve scoops up Zetta to deliver cloud DR
- Introducing Ken Nalbone, Cloud Field Day Event Lead - October 5, 2018
- Quantum Computing and Cryptography - September 14, 2018
- Snowflake Networks - July 25, 2018
- What Differentiates Servers in a Commodity x86 World? - July 20, 2018
- 3D XPoint Is At A Crossroads – Can Intel and Micron Deliver? - July 19, 2018
- How to create your own Docker image - July 17, 2018
- StarWind Supports SMB3 – Did You Know? - May 21, 2018
- The Challenges of Working Remotely - May 11, 2018
- StorageOS Now Available for Your Container Storage Needs - May 4, 2018
- Touching the Void: Cloudian Acquires Infinity Storage - March 29, 2018