Zetta was an early Field Day supporter, presenting all the way back in 2010 at our first event at VMworld. Since then the company has had its ups and downs, and now seems to be “out”: It has been purchased by Arcserve, as reported by Ben Kepes.
Cloud changes things. And moving to a cloud DR and backup world isn’t simply a case of pointing data to a cloud-based destination point. It really is about embracing new technology approaches and, perhaps more importantly, but business models. Zetta gained good traction but, perhaps more importantly, gained a good knowledge base around how business in the cloud works differently from more traditional models. Arcserve is not only getting itself some technology but is also acquiring a good dose of smarts that will help it continue to execute as cloud becomes the default.
Read more at: Arcserve scoops up Zetta to deliver cloud DR
- Cloudian Announces HyperStore 7 – Gets Super Cloudy - January 25, 2018
- Runecast Analyzer 1.6.5 detects MeltDown and Spectre chip issues - January 12, 2018
- A Docker and Iperf3 Tutorial - January 4, 2018
- Licensing – It never gets better, it just gets more awkward - December 15, 2017
- Commvault GO 2017 Keynote Live Blog! - November 7, 2017
- The History of Email - October 9, 2017
- HyTrust wings in to scoop up a fatally wounded Data Gravity - July 14, 2017
- Arcserve scoops up Zetta to deliver cloud DR - July 14, 2017
- WekaIO = Distributed Storage + Cloud - July 13, 2017
- Human Resources Is Not Your Friend - July 13, 2017