Zetta was an early Field Day supporter, presenting all the way back in 2010 at our first event at VMworld. Since then the company has had its ups and downs, and now seems to be “out”: It has been purchased by Arcserve, as reported by Ben Kepes.
Cloud changes things. And moving to a cloud DR and backup world isn’t simply a case of pointing data to a cloud-based destination point. It really is about embracing new technology approaches and, perhaps more importantly, but business models. Zetta gained good traction but, perhaps more importantly, gained a good knowledge base around how business in the cloud works differently from more traditional models. Arcserve is not only getting itself some technology but is also acquiring a good dose of smarts that will help it continue to execute as cloud becomes the default.
Read more at: Arcserve scoops up Zetta to deliver cloud DR
- The Cloud Extends Into the Datacenter: Druva at AWS re:Invent - December 13, 2019
- Docker Enterprise Sold to Mirantis, Docker Desktop, Hub Raise $35MM - November 19, 2019
- Juniper NXTWORK 2019 Keynote Live Blog - November 12, 2019
- Where Did Tech Field Day Come From? Tech Field Day at 10 - November 4, 2019
- Druva Protects Corporate Data Outside the Firewall - October 30, 2019
- It’s All About the Delegates: Tech Field Day at 10 - October 27, 2019
- Nth Generation Symposium Keynote Live Blog - October 24, 2019
- SolarWinds Aims to Connect the Data Dots - October 24, 2019
- Celebrating 10 Years of Pure Storage and Tech Field Day - October 23, 2019
- Meeting the Storage Performance Requirements of AI and ML Workloads with WekaIO - October 23, 2019