We wrote about Cloudian’s HyperFile solution late last year. It essentially serves as a NAS controller on top of their already capable object storage appliance. This really expands the capabilities and market for their storage.
Now with their HyperStore 7 release, Cloudian further expands their feature set. This takes their idea of Converged Data Access, essentially making object and file storage addressable in a single namespace, and adds support for multi-cloud storage via a common API. It practice, this means you can access your storage via a common Cloudian interface whether it’s sitting on-site, or across any of the major cloud storage providers.
All of this combines to make Cloudian a compellingly versatile player in the object storage market.
Dan Frith comments:
Read more at: Cloudian Announces HyperStore 7 – Gets Super Cloudy
- The Cloud Extends Into the Datacenter: Druva at AWS re:Invent - December 13, 2019
- Docker Enterprise Sold to Mirantis, Docker Desktop, Hub Raise $35MM - November 19, 2019
- Juniper NXTWORK 2019 Keynote Live Blog - November 12, 2019
- Where Did Tech Field Day Come From? Tech Field Day at 10 - November 4, 2019
- Druva Protects Corporate Data Outside the Firewall - October 30, 2019
- It’s All About the Delegates: Tech Field Day at 10 - October 27, 2019
- Nth Generation Symposium Keynote Live Blog - October 24, 2019
- SolarWinds Aims to Connect the Data Dots - October 24, 2019
- Celebrating 10 Years of Pure Storage and Tech Field Day - October 23, 2019
- Meeting the Storage Performance Requirements of AI and ML Workloads with WekaIO - October 23, 2019