We wrote about Cloudian’s HyperFile solution late last year. It essentially serves as a NAS controller on top of their already capable object storage appliance. This really expands the capabilities and market for their storage.
Now with their HyperStore 7 release, Cloudian further expands their feature set. This takes their idea of Converged Data Access, essentially making object and file storage addressable in a single namespace, and adds support for multi-cloud storage via a common API. It practice, this means you can access your storage via a common Cloudian interface whether it’s sitting on-site, or across any of the major cloud storage providers.
All of this combines to make Cloudian a compellingly versatile player in the object storage market.
Dan Frith comments:
Read more at: Cloudian Announces HyperStore 7 – Gets Super Cloudy
- Quantum Computing and Cryptography - September 14, 2018
- Multi-Cloud, DevOps, and Storage - August 23, 2018
- Snowflake Networks - July 25, 2018
- What Differentiates Servers in a Commodity x86 World? - July 20, 2018
- 3D XPoint Is At A Crossroads – Can Intel and Micron Deliver? - July 19, 2018
- How to create your own Docker image - July 17, 2018
- StarWind Supports SMB3 – Did You Know? - May 21, 2018
- The Challenges of Working Remotely - May 11, 2018
- StorageOS Now Available for Your Container Storage Needs - May 4, 2018
- Touching the Void: Cloudian Acquires Infinity Storage - March 29, 2018