Chris Evans of Architecting IT comments:
Cloud storage is a popular subject these days, with some good and some bad examples out there. The appeal is obvious — data needs to be retained somewhere, whether it is of the primary, backup or archive flavour. Being able to do that at low cost (especially when a large percentage of that data is probably inactive anyway) is attractive, when a full TCO is taken into account, including data centre space, power, cooling, acquisition, refresh and administration. The latest news from Avere is that their NAS acceleration technology has been adapted and can integrate with cloud solutions from the major SSPs (storage service providers).
Watch the Avere presentation from Storage Field Day 4 here.
Read more at: Avere Systems Embraces Cloud with Cloud NAS
- Multi-Cloud Fabric with Arrcus - July 30, 2020
- IoT Doesn’t Need Wi-Fi 6E – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - July 28, 2020
- Introducing Security Field Day 4 - July 21, 2020
- Cisco SecureX Roundtable - July 14, 2020
- Cisco Intent-based Networking Roundtable - July 13, 2020
- Tomversations: Episode 5 – End-to-End Encryption - July 9, 2020
- Cisco Live Interview with Khalid Raza - July 2, 2020
- The New Branch with Riverbed SD-WAN - June 30, 2020
- AI Can’t Do Much for WiFi – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 30, 2020
- Tomversations: Episode 4 – Edge Computing - June 25, 2020