Brent Salisbury of NetworkStatic comments:
I am going to start pushing out an app every month that fixes some problem in networking. In this case I hacked it up over the past couple of weekends, but other times it will just be me using someones open source awesomeness and demoing it.
First some thoughts on where we are in the wild world of networking to tee up the reason I am excited about delivering network tools via Docker.
Brent has nailed the endgame for Network Function Virtualization. Rather than relying on clunky VMs, newer appliances will spawn containers to do work and then destroy them as they are no longer needed. Brilliant thinking from a brilliant guy.
Read more at: Building Network Tools using Docker
- Getting Ready for GDPR - January 18, 2018
- Going Faster with 400Gbps Ethernet and Andy Bechtolsheim - January 12, 2018
- Architecting Container Direction with Nirmata - January 5, 2018
- Continuing the SD-WAN Discussion At FutureWAN - January 4, 2018
- Keeping An Eye On Containers with Ixia CloudLens - January 4, 2018
- Balancing The Cost Of Your Application Delivery Controllers with KEMP Metered Licensing - December 27, 2017
- Arista vs. Cisco – The Tale Up To Now - December 14, 2017
- Unmasking Bad Actors with Gigamon - December 7, 2017
- Dedicated Wireless Troubleshooting Doesn’t Have To Break The Bank - November 28, 2017
- Are Vendors and VARs The Enemy? - November 15, 2017