Dominick Pickhardt of Network Autobahn comments:
Avaya has announced a new product wich is called ONA Open Network Adapter. It is an small form factor SDN Adapter wich is based on Open vSwitch. It is designed to bring plug-n-play connectivity for network devices. Basically Avaya is saying that you bring an ONA adapater for example to an branch office site and it connects over the WAN the remote location to your corporate network. The ONA can be integrated with the Fabric Attached technology into a SPB fabric or into the Avaya SDN FX controller architecture. Two models of the ONA are available. The ONA 1101GT provides one network and one device 10/100/1000Base-T port, and supports Power over Ethernet. The ONA 1208GT provides two network — 10/100/1000Base-T plus 100/1000Base-FX—and eight device 10/100/1000Base-T ports. The devices are passive cooled and have the form factor of a card deck. Pricing for the ONA will be start at $545. Avaya has scheduled the availability for mid-2015.
Open vSwitch is one thing. An Open vSwitch adapter is something totally different. This could have an impact down the road for data centers.
Read more at: News: Avaya announced their ONA Open Network Adapter
- Redefining Service Protection with VMware Service-Defined Firewall - August 11, 2020
- Wi-Fi Isn’t Always the Best Wireless Solution – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - August 11, 2020
- Bad Behavior Analysis with Juniper Networks - August 6, 2020
- Multi-Cloud Fabric with Arrcus - July 30, 2020
- IoT Doesn’t Need Wi-Fi 6E – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - July 28, 2020
- Introducing Security Field Day 4 - July 21, 2020
- Cisco SecureX Roundtable - July 14, 2020
- Cisco Intent-based Networking Roundtable - July 13, 2020
- Tomversations: Episode 5 – End-to-End Encryption - July 9, 2020
- Cisco Live Interview with Khalid Raza - July 2, 2020