Ray Lucchesi from RayOnStorage writes:
Proximal Data doesn’t believe in agent software. because it takes a long time to deploy and could potentially disrupt IT operations when being installed. In contrast, Proximal Data installs their AutoCache solution software into the hypervisor as a VIB (vSphere Installation Bundle). There was some discussion at SFD4, on whether installing the VIB would be disruptive or not to customer operations. Not being a VMware expert I won’t comment on the results of the discussion but if you want to find out more I suggest viewing the SFD4 video of their Proximal Data’s presentation.
A great overview of the Proximal Data presentation from SFD4.
Read more: Proximal Data, server SSD caching software
- Rogue Device Detection Thanks To PathSolutions - May 27, 2020
- Validating Identity with Identiq - May 21, 2020
- Pensando Places Programmability First - May 18, 2020
- Stopping Stoplight Risk Analysis with Brinqa - May 14, 2020
- Leaving Legacy Behind to Build Better Networks with DriveNets - May 13, 2020
- Tomversations: Episode 2 – Wi-Fi 6 and 6E - May 11, 2020
- Assured IoT Reporting with Jitsuin Archivst - May 7, 2020
- Ensuring Code Quality with Arista - May 7, 2020
- Monitoring Application Performance from the Inside Out with Solarwinds AppOptics - May 6, 2020
- Feature-Based Licensing for Infrastructure is a Good Thing - May 5, 2020