Ray Lucchesi from RayOnStorage writes:
Proximal Data doesn’t believe in agent software. because it takes a long time to deploy and could potentially disrupt IT operations when being installed. In contrast, Proximal Data installs their AutoCache solution software into the hypervisor as a VIB (vSphere Installation Bundle). There was some discussion at SFD4, on whether installing the VIB would be disruptive or not to customer operations. Not being a VMware expert I won’t comment on the results of the discussion but if you want to find out more I suggest viewing the SFD4 video of their Proximal Data’s presentation.
A great overview of the Proximal Data presentation from SFD4.
Read more: Proximal Data, server SSD caching software
- Does the Apple Airport Extreme Use VLANs? - January 21, 2020
- Predicting Data Patterns with Cradlepoint - January 16, 2020
- How Do RFC3161 Timestamps Work? - January 15, 2020
- Testing the Whole System with NetAlly EtherScope nXG - January 14, 2020
- Stupid Network Tricks - January 14, 2020
- There Is No Layer-2 in Public Cloud - January 8, 2020
- Assuring Your Service Level with Ixia IxProbe - January 8, 2020
- Wi-Fi and the Netflix Effect - December 27, 2019
- Figure Out What Problem You’re Trying to Solve - December 20, 2019
- Ensuring Unified Communications Success with NETSCOUT - December 19, 2019