Chris Evans of Architecting IT writes:
It has emerged that both Violin Memory Inc and Pure Storage Inc are on the verge of initial public offerings, based on news articles last week. Chris Mellor reports that Violin have filed for IPO, looking to raise $172m and in separate news, Pure Storage have raised a massive $150m in preparation for IPO some time soon. Although both of these startups are in the same part of the storage industry, notably all-flash storage arrays, I think their target markets and potential IPO outcomes couldn’t be different.
It’s the season for funding and this round seems to be aimed at those companies providing flash solutions. Here’s hoping everything works out well for both.
- Intro to NetworkMiner - December 6, 2019
- On The Hunt with Confluera - December 4, 2019
- How Difficult Is SD-WAN? - December 4, 2019
- Letting Go of the Digital Hoard - December 2, 2019
- Tackling Troublesome IoT with Fortinet - November 26, 2019
- Technology and Policymakers - November 26, 2019
- BGP Traffic Engineering - November 25, 2019
- The Value of Virtual Networks from Tesuto - November 20, 2019
- TCP Is the Most Expensive Part of Your Data Center - November 18, 2019
- The Name’s The Thing With Guardicore - November 12, 2019