Chris Evans of Architecting IT writes:
It has emerged that both Violin Memory Inc and Pure Storage Inc are on the verge of initial public offerings, based on news articles last week. Chris Mellor reports that Violin have filed for IPO, looking to raise $172m and in separate news, Pure Storage have raised a massive $150m in preparation for IPO some time soon. Although both of these startups are in the same part of the storage industry, notably all-flash storage arrays, I think their target markets and potential IPO outcomes couldn’t be different.
It’s the season for funding and this round seems to be aimed at those companies providing flash solutions. Here’s hoping everything works out well for both.
- Cisco Live Interview with Khalid Raza - July 2, 2020
- The New Branch with Riverbed SD-WAN - June 30, 2020
- AI Can’t Do Much for WiFi - June 30, 2020
- Tomversations: Episode 4 – Edge Computing - June 25, 2020
- Go Time With PathSolutions - June 25, 2020
- A Tale of Scale in Three Parts with Broadcom - June 23, 2020
- Assuring Identity with ForgeRock - June 18, 2020
- Encryption is Ruining Network Security - June 16, 2020
- Cisco Live Virtual Keynote Live Blog - June 15, 2020
- Deep Detection with Blue Hexagon - June 11, 2020