Your IT News for the Week of September 30, 2019
Gestalt IT Rundown
Get all the IT news of the week with the Gestalt IT Rundown. This week, Tom Hollingsworth and Rich Stroffolino discuss Western Digital exiting the enterprise storage market, Microsoft getting into the SIEM, Cloudflare hitting the bots hard, and more. New episodes live on Facebook, Wednesdays at 12:30pm ET.
Is Slack Doomed?
In this video, Rich Stroffolino looks at some recent analyst reports on who is actually paying for Slack and what it says about the platforms future versus Microsoft Teams. The media narrative has shifted to be a lot more skeptical of Slack since going public. Some of this is the intensifying competition with Microsoft Teams, but maybe it’s also a recognition that the novelty of team messaging has worn off.
What’s New at Gestalt IT
- New Podcast: Security Can’t Keep Up
- NetApp Cloud Insights: Visibility of Everything for Everyone
- Pure1 Workload Planner: Pure’s AI and Analytics at Work
Networking Field Day
October 1-4, 2019
The dates for Networking Field Day aren’t a typo! This jumbo event takes place over four days, with 13 companies sharing their latest and greatest networking goodness. To go along with the surfeit of presenters, the Field Day team packed the event with two sets of delegates. Be sure to check out the live stream and the flurry of coverage afterwards.
- Gestalt News for the Week of October 14, 2019 - October 14, 2019
- The Rise of Semi-Custom Silicon - October 11, 2019
- VMware Takes the Carbon Black | Gestalt IT Rundown: October 9, 2019 - October 9, 2019
- Learning Kubernetes is a Waste of Time – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - October 8, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of October 7, 2019 - October 7, 2019
- What Happened to Docker? - October 4, 2019
- WeWork’s IP-No | Gestalt IT Rundown: October 2, 2019 - October 2, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of September 30, 2019 - September 30, 2019
- Is Slack Doomed? - September 27, 2019
- Not Hot For Bots | Gestalt IT Rundown: September 25, 2019 - September 25, 2019