Your IT News for the Week of November 11, 2019
Gestalt IT Rundown
Get all the IT news of the week with the Gestalt IT Rundown. This week, Rich Stroffolino is flying solo and discussing one major story, the first proof of concept of Microsoft’s Project Silica. This glass based storage offers a potential archival alternative to tape that could have huge applications as a cold storage medium. Learn about the details in this episode! New episodes live on Facebook Wednesdays at 12:30pm ET.
New Podcast: The Administrative Hurdle of IPv6
IPv6 is the next big thing in networking, it’s going to solve all of our network addressing issues. At least, that’s what it’s been promising for the last two decades. So why hasn’t it lived up to the hype? The roundtable discusses the idea that administration is the biggest holdup to overall IPv6 adoption. Be sure to listen to figure out how we can get the the bright, shiny, happy place that is IPv6.
What’s New at Gestalt IT
- LogicMonitor Reveals the True Cost of IT Outages
- SDN by NSX: Your Key to Visibility and Control
- The Challenges of Testing Backup and Recovery in an Enterprise Environment
Tech Field Day 20
November 13-15, 2019
This Tech Field Day will be very special, celebrating the tenth anniversary of this important event series. We’re already sharing post about the important people and companies that make this event possible, but be sure to watch the live stream of all the presentations for this important milestone.
- Ep. 9: Is Remote Work The New Normal? - July 6, 2020
- VxRail Is Now Built for the Edge - July 6, 2020
- Supercomputers Are Switching to Arm Too - July 3, 2020
- AWS Goes to Space | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 1, 2020 - July 1, 2020
- Ep. 8: Is Dell Selling VMware? - June 29, 2020
- Intel’s Tiger Lake Is CET For Security - June 29, 2020
- NetApp Buys a Spot in the Cloud - June 26, 2020
- Will Dell Spinoff VMware? | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 24, 2020 - June 24, 2020
- Ep. 7: What is Intel’s x86 Future? - June 22, 2020
- Midrange Levels the Playing Field - June 22, 2020