Your IT News for the Week of November 11, 2019
Gestalt IT Rundown
Get all the IT news of the week with the Gestalt IT Rundown. This week, Rich Stroffolino is flying solo and discussing one major story, the first proof of concept of Microsoft’s Project Silica. This glass based storage offers a potential archival alternative to tape that could have huge applications as a cold storage medium. Learn about the details in this episode! New episodes live on Facebook Wednesdays at 12:30pm ET.
New Podcast: The Administrative Hurdle of IPv6
IPv6 is the next big thing in networking, it’s going to solve all of our network addressing issues. At least, that’s what it’s been promising for the last two decades. So why hasn’t it lived up to the hype? The roundtable discusses the idea that administration is the biggest holdup to overall IPv6 adoption. Be sure to listen to figure out how we can get the the bright, shiny, happy place that is IPv6.
What’s New at Gestalt IT
- LogicMonitor Reveals the True Cost of IT Outages
- SDN by NSX: Your Key to Visibility and Control
- The Challenges of Testing Backup and Recovery in an Enterprise Environment
Tech Field Day 20
November 13-15, 2019
This Tech Field Day will be very special, celebrating the tenth anniversary of this important event series. We’re already sharing post about the important people and companies that make this event possible, but be sure to watch the live stream of all the presentations for this important milestone.
- An Inflection Point for Open Source - January 23, 2020
- Is Open-Source Licensing Broken? | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 22, 2020 - January 22, 2020
- Veeam Acquired by Insight Partners | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 15, 2020 - January 15, 2020
- Wi-Fi Monetization is Bad – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - January 14, 2020
- AI Patent Trolls | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 8, 2019 - January 8, 2020
- IT Certifications Are More Valuable Than A College Degree – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - December 24, 2019
- Predictions for 2020 - December 19, 2019
- 2019 in Review | Gestalt IT Rundown: December 18, 2019 - December 18, 2019
- The Promise of the Cloud Cannot Be Achieved – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - December 17, 2019
- India’s New Data Regulation Bill | Gestalt IT Rundown: December 11, 2019 - December 11, 2019