The Premise: Is Backup Dead?
Data protection used to be pretty straightforward. In recent years, there have been a number of changes in enterprise backup. It’s not necessarily that backup has changed, but systems and people have changed. In fact, many small and medium-sized businesses don’t even have servers anymore. Now, we have different applications and different infrastructure, and we have to adjust our processes to accommodate new systems. In this episode, we’re talking about backup… specifically, the death of backup. If backup has no business value, is out of touch with the times, or doesn’t exist anymore altogether, then what does data protection and recovery look like today? The question we tackle in this On-Premise IT Roundtable is: Is backup dead?
On-Premises for today’s roundtable:
Follow us on Twitter.
SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter for more great coverage right in your inbox.
- Single Pane of Glass is a Myth – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - February 25, 2020
- Is Backup Dead? – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - February 11, 2020
- EtherealMind’s Fifteen Networking Truths (Rules of Networking) - February 5, 2020
- Misplacing Digital Transformation Priorities - January 30, 2020
- Let’s Talk About Ransomware (Again) - January 17, 2020
- How to Blog, Win Friends and Influence People… - January 10, 2020
- 20 Things You Need to Stop Doing in 2020 - January 7, 2020
- 2019 Gestalt IT Wrap-Up - December 31, 2019
- IT Burnout Tips for Recovery - December 23, 2019
- 10 VMware Interview Questions (And Answers) - December 16, 2019