Orchestration and integration may be what people think of most when in comes to DevOps. But in this post, Ned Bellavance looks at how to close the DevOps feedback loop with measuring and optimizing application performance.
A massive gap exists between the new world of DevOps and traditional enterprise IT. DevOps is predicated on rapid, iterative deployment, whereas enterprise IT typically works on a traditional waterfall process. Changes are made in massive batches and the underlying infrastructure is inflexible and heterogeneous. The new wave of DevOps in IT doesn’t want to […]
This is post 35 of 41 in the series “IT Origins” What’s your IT origin story? How long have you been in the field? I’ve been in the IT industry since 1994. I left university with an arts-based degree and some very exposure to technology in my teens and using a word processor (Word for […]
I’m a reformed Linux hippy. Back in my college days, I flirted with the open source life. This was spurred by a combination principal and economics. “Free as in speech” is an evocative message to an impressionable twenty-something. And “free as in beer” is a sentiment that definitely resonated with me, as I was mostly […]
On this roundtable, we’re getting cloudy. The panelists discuss why it matters where your SaaS apps live, and not just depend on an SLA. This can impact not just business continuity and customer experience, but security and compliance as well.
This week in Gestalt IT News:
– Rich Stroffolino covers a recent spate of IT acquisitions in this weeks Gestalt IT Rundown
– Clairvoyant CEO Chandra Ambadipudi gets interviews for IT Origins
– Max Mortillaro digs into the technical foundations of INFINIDAT
This week in Gestalt News:
– Stephen Foskett looks at Kasten brings enterprise-class data services into the cloud
– We talk to Packet CEO Zachary Smith for IT Origins
– Russ White looks at GPUs and Composable Computing
In this edition of Gestalt News:
– We talk to Jordan Martin and get his IT Origin story
– Our First Five series tackles Simple Security
– The On-Premise IT Roundtable discuss the language that most pains them in IT.