Here’s your weekly look at what’s happening in enterprise IT.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for unboxings, podcasts, and news coverage!
The Gestalt IT Rundown broadcasts live every Wednesday at 12:30pm ET on our Facebook page, with full video versions available on YouTube later that day. Each episode features Rich Stroffolino and Tom Hollingsworth discussing the IT news of the week. It’s a great way to stay current in 20 minutes or less. This week, Rich flew solo with Tom at Aruba Atmosphere. Running down the news, Rich discussed HPE’s acquisition of Cape Networks, Foxconn buying Belkin, the state of the African tech startup scene, and announcements from NVIDIA GTC.
Every Thursday, we interview an interesting voice in IT for our IT Origins series. We dig into how they got their start in the industry, how it’s changed since then, and what are their best and worst IT trends. We also throw in some productivity tips and book recommendations. This week, we talked to Chandra Ambadipudi, CEO and Founder of Clairvoyant. We discussed how he got his start in IT, and how data is both the best and worst IT trend. We also dug into his start in IT with IBM in India, giving some interesting context for the country’s changing technology scene in the late 1990s.
This is the first in a series of Tech Talk posts brought to you by INFINIDAT. The article provides some background on the company’s technical foundations. These include InfiniRAID, InfiniSnap and Neural Cache. Combined with a commitment and history of delivering microcode updates with performance improvements, Max Mortillaro sees this as a firm foundation for the company’s exciting announcements.
April 4-6, 2018
It’s about to be cloudy with a chance of Field Day in Silicon Valley next month. Cloud Field Day is happening April 4-6, and they’ve got a packed roster of companies who will have in-depth technical presentations during the event. Make sure to watch their video live stream to catch each presentation, or subscribe to their YouTube channel to catch all the video after the event. Delphix, Druva, Morpheus Data, NetApp, Oracle, Riverbed, Rubrik, and Veritas will be presenting, along with two secret companies! Follow along on Twitter using #CFD3, and the announced delegates Chris Evans, Chris Porter, Estelle Auberix, Jeff Wilson, Justin Warren, Keith Townsend, Martez Reed, Michelle Laverick, Ned Bellavance, Nick Janetakis, Scott D. Lowe, and Tim Crawford.
This newsletter brought to you by the team at
- FUD: Fear, UK, and DNS | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 10, 2019 - July 10, 2019
- The Traditional Office is Dying – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - July 9, 2019
- Cloudfail | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 3, 2019 - July 3, 2019
- HCI See What You Did There | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 26, 2019 - June 26, 2019
- VARs are Useless – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 25, 2019
- The Raspberry Pi 4: Adding the Missing Piece - June 24, 2019
- Nvidia Arms Itself | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 19, 2019 - June 19, 2019
- Intel Caught Barefoot | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 12, 2019 - June 12, 2019
- IoT Is Making Society Less Secure – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - June 11, 2019
- Azure and Oracle Connect | Gestalt IT Rundown: June 5, 2019 - June 5, 2019