“For all of us, there was a time before Tech Field Day. But rarely does one meet Tech Field Day and continue the same course, unchanged.” Nikki Schnupp tells the tale of her first Tech Field Day experience after joining the team this summer. It was a whirlwind week full of coffee, jet lag, and lots of enterprise IT.
In this iteration of Gestalt Networking News:
– Monitoring Network Flows with Plixer
– The best of both worlds with Array Networks’ Flexible NFV
– A deep dive into Aruba’s new 8400 series switch
Plus Network Collective digs into networking history with Fred Baker!
In this iteration of Gestalt Server News:
– A look at AMD and Intel’s surprisingly competitive server platforms
– HyperGrid’s on-demand on-site solution
– How VMs are still more portable than Docker containers
Keith Townsend of Virtualized Geek writes: The abstraction means that a cluster can consist of virtually any combination of storage from bare metal servers running Docker or Hypervisor hosted VSAs. Technically a high-end storage array that has a built-in hypervisor would have the ability to support this container model. While I can’t think of a […]
Jason Edelman comments on his blog: If you haven’t heard, there is a new switch vendor in town — Pluribus Networks. That’s right. In the new world where hardware is being dominated by software, there is an upstart that is trying to sell ASICs (along with their value added software, of course). […]