Keith Townsend of The CTO Advisor comments:
I started to repeat the claim that OpenStack is hard. Truth be told, Private Cloud is hard. Regardless of the cloud management platform, executing a successful Private Cloud strategy is difficult. Challenges range from technical to operational. Enterprise IT vendors suchas EMC/VMware to HPE are attacking this problem. EMC made a splash in late-2014 with its Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure. EMC’s solution targets large scale out Private Cloud deployments. Likewise, HPE offers a converged solution based on OpenStack branded Helion. Even with limiting the hardware to particular combinations, both the HPE and EMC options require serious heavy lifting and professional services. EMC pre-announced their Microsoft & OpenStack Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure solutions over a year ago. To date, only the EMC Federation option is generally available.
Keith takes a look at ZeroStack and gives his thoughts on private clouds.
Read more at: Simplifying Private Cloud – Easier said…
- Technology is Not Platonic - February 19, 2018
- Cloudian Announces HyperStore 7 – Gets Super Cloudy - January 25, 2018
- Runecast Analyzer 1.6.5 detects MeltDown and Spectre chip issues - January 12, 2018
- A Docker and Iperf3 Tutorial - January 4, 2018
- Licensing – It never gets better, it just gets more awkward - December 15, 2017
- Commvault GO 2017 Keynote Live Blog! - November 7, 2017
- The History of Email - October 9, 2017
- HyTrust wings in to scoop up a fatally wounded Data Gravity - July 14, 2017
- Arcserve scoops up Zetta to deliver cloud DR - July 14, 2017
- WekaIO = Distributed Storage + Cloud - July 13, 2017