Keith Townsend of The CTO Advisor comments:
I started to repeat the claim that OpenStack is hard. Truth be told, Private Cloud is hard. Regardless of the cloud management platform, executing a successful Private Cloud strategy is difficult. Challenges range from technical to operational. Enterprise IT vendors suchas EMC/VMware to HPE are attacking this problem. EMC made a splash in late-2014 with its Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure. EMC’s solution targets large scale out Private Cloud deployments. Likewise, HPE offers a converged solution based on OpenStack branded Helion. Even with limiting the hardware to particular combinations, both the HPE and EMC options require serious heavy lifting and professional services. EMC pre-announced their Microsoft & OpenStack Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure solutions over a year ago. To date, only the EMC Federation option is generally available.
Keith takes a look at ZeroStack and gives his thoughts on private clouds.
Read more at: Simplifying Private Cloud – Easier said…
- StarWind Supports SMB3 – Did You Know? - May 21, 2018
- The Challenges of Working Remotely - May 11, 2018
- StorageOS Now Available for Your Container Storage Needs - May 4, 2018
- Touching the Void: Cloudian Acquires Infinity Storage - March 29, 2018
- Thoughts on the Surface Book 2 - March 26, 2018
- Kasten Brings Enterprise Storage Features to Cloud-Native Applications - March 23, 2018
- Router vs. Switch - March 22, 2018
- Technology is Not Platonic - February 19, 2018
- Cloudian Announces HyperStore 7 – Gets Super Cloudy - January 25, 2018
- Runecast Analyzer 1.6.5 detects MeltDown and Spectre chip issues - January 12, 2018