Keith Townsend of The CTO Advisor comments:
I started to repeat the claim that OpenStack is hard. Truth be told, Private Cloud is hard. Regardless of the cloud management platform, executing a successful Private Cloud strategy is difficult. Challenges range from technical to operational. Enterprise IT vendors suchas EMC/VMware to HPE are attacking this problem. EMC made a splash in late-2014 with its Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure. EMC’s solution targets large scale out Private Cloud deployments. Likewise, HPE offers a converged solution based on OpenStack branded Helion. Even with limiting the hardware to particular combinations, both the HPE and EMC options require serious heavy lifting and professional services. EMC pre-announced their Microsoft & OpenStack Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure solutions over a year ago. To date, only the EMC Federation option is generally available.
Keith takes a look at ZeroStack and gives his thoughts on private clouds.
Read more at: Simplifying Private Cloud – Easier said…
- Pragmatic thoughts on #CloudBleed - March 3, 2017
- 3D Xpoint: A Guide To The Future Of Storage-Class Memory - November 28, 2016
- A Brief Linux Interlude – Partitions, Logical Volumes, and Layouts - November 15, 2016
- New Open Source Software Trireme Tackles Container Security - November 11, 2016
- Simple way to build a custom Docker-ready Raspberry Pi image - November 11, 2016
- A Quick Intro Screen on Linux - November 10, 2016
- What I’m Listening To: Podcast Edition Part 1 - November 9, 2016
- Aruba ClearPass and Managing Unknown Devices - October 20, 2016
- AWS and VMware, What is Happening Here? - October 20, 2016
- Traffic Optimization with Teridion - October 19, 2016