Chris Evans of Architecting IT comments:
Amid much rumour, Monday finally saw the announcement that NetApp Inc intends to acquire SolidFire Inc, an all-flash storage startup. The agreement sees the company acquired for $870 million in cash, somewhat short of the $1.2 billion rumoured value. Those of you following my posts (and other work) will know I’ve talked about both companies many times before, so as you can imagine, I have few opinions on this transaction.
This was a big announcement right at the end of the year. 2016 should be an interesting time for the flash storage market.
Read more at: Flash Consolidation: NetApp to Acquire SolidFire
- Commvault GO 2017 Keynote Live Blog! - November 7, 2017
- The History of Email - October 9, 2017
- HyTrust wings in to scoop up a fatally wounded Data Gravity - July 14, 2017
- Arcserve scoops up Zetta to deliver cloud DR - July 14, 2017
- WekaIO = Distributed Storage + Cloud - July 13, 2017
- Human Resources Is Not Your Friend - July 13, 2017
- Intel Goes Metal With Xeon Scalable Processor Launch - July 12, 2017
- ASUS Launches NBASE-T Adapter At Just $99 - July 3, 2017
- AMD Attempts Epyc Return to the Data Center - June 23, 2017
- The Year of Cloud Extension - June 21, 2017