Chris Evans of Architecting IT comments:
Amid much rumour, Monday finally saw the announcement that NetApp Inc intends to acquire SolidFire Inc, an all-flash storage startup. The agreement sees the company acquired for $870 million in cash, somewhat short of the $1.2 billion rumoured value. Those of you following my posts (and other work) will know I’ve talked about both companies many times before, so as you can imagine, I have few opinions on this transaction.
This was a big announcement right at the end of the year. 2016 should be an interesting time for the flash storage market.
Read more at: Flash Consolidation: NetApp to Acquire SolidFire
- Goodbye X-IO, Hello Axellio and Violin 2.0! - November 12, 2018
- The New iPad Pro Proves That Apple Doesn’t Need Intel or AMD Anymore - November 9, 2018
- NetApp: HCI Stands For “Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure” - November 6, 2018
- NetApp’s Data Fabric Gets Real - October 31, 2018
- Pondering Red Hat’s Future with IBM - October 30, 2018
- Smaller Conferences Can Have a Bigger Impact - October 29, 2018
- Introducing Ken Nalbone, Cloud Field Day Event Lead - October 5, 2018
- Quantum Computing and Cryptography - September 14, 2018
- Snowflake Networks - July 25, 2018
- What Differentiates Servers in a Commodity x86 World? - July 20, 2018