Chris Evans of Architecting IT comments:
Amid much rumour, Monday finally saw the announcement that NetApp Inc intends to acquire SolidFire Inc, an all-flash storage startup. The agreement sees the company acquired for $870 million in cash, somewhat short of the $1.2 billion rumoured value. Those of you following my posts (and other work) will know I’ve talked about both companies many times before, so as you can imagine, I have few opinions on this transaction.
This was a big announcement right at the end of the year. 2016 should be an interesting time for the flash storage market.
Read more at: Flash Consolidation: NetApp to Acquire SolidFire
- StarWind Supports SMB3 – Did You Know? - May 21, 2018
- The Challenges of Working Remotely - May 11, 2018
- StorageOS Now Available for Your Container Storage Needs - May 4, 2018
- Touching the Void: Cloudian Acquires Infinity Storage - March 29, 2018
- Thoughts on the Surface Book 2 - March 26, 2018
- Kasten Brings Enterprise Storage Features to Cloud-Native Applications - March 23, 2018
- Router vs. Switch - March 22, 2018
- Technology is Not Platonic - February 19, 2018
- Cloudian Announces HyperStore 7 – Gets Super Cloudy - January 25, 2018
- Runecast Analyzer 1.6.5 detects MeltDown and Spectre chip issues - January 12, 2018