Enrico Signoretti of Juku comments:
In the last year I’ve had a lot of interesting conversations with end users and vendors concerning this topic. Having just covered the part about “fast object stores”, again I’d like to point out that by fast I mean faster and with better latency than traditional object stores, but not as fast as block storage. This time round I’d like to talk about smaller object stores.
Object storage just keeps growing. But Enrico’s points are very valid. Your object store should be fast and small.
Read more at: Object stores? more, fast and small!
- The fault, dear Brutus, lies not in our machines… - November 26, 2018
- ProtonMail Was Probably Not Hacked - November 16, 2018
- Goodbye X-IO, Hello Axellio and Violin 2.0! - November 12, 2018
- The New iPad Pro Proves That Apple Doesn’t Need Intel or AMD Anymore - November 9, 2018
- NetApp: HCI Stands For “Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure” - November 6, 2018
- NetApp’s Data Fabric Gets Real - October 31, 2018
- Pondering Red Hat’s Future with IBM - October 30, 2018
- Smaller Conferences Can Have a Bigger Impact - October 29, 2018
- Introducing Ken Nalbone, Cloud Field Day Event Lead - October 5, 2018
- Quantum Computing and Cryptography - September 14, 2018