Max Mortillaro of kamshin comments:
The Media & Entertainment industry has enormous needs for storage capacity. Traditionally, M&E has been an avid consumer of scale-out NAS solutions such as EMC Isilon. Scale-out NAS systems present the customer with one or more continuous namespaces while allowing a customer to scale capacity by adding nodes transparently. But many other applications generate large amounts of data. Think of scientific research, medical research, hospitals…. and the list is quite long, these also produce huge datasets. So the problem is not only with the M&E industry. But since all our presenters decided to stick with M&E, what is compelling this specific industry to adopt object storage? Can’t they just scale-out their scale-out storage, allowing them to scale while they scale?
M&E seems to be a huge draw for object storage companies. But why? Max has some great thoughts.
Read more at: Is Media & Entertainment the golden goose of Object Storage vendors?
- Solving Home Wi-Fi Woes - August 22, 2019
- Attorney General Barr and Encryption - August 21, 2019
- VMware Acquires Veriflow - August 20, 2019
- Protecting Password Assets with BeyondTrust - August 14, 2019
- Stopping Network Blame with Kemp - August 12, 2019
- Rooted In Security with Banyan - August 9, 2019
- New Tech Era, New Skills, New Mindset. - August 7, 2019
- The BGP Conundrum - August 5, 2019
- IT Burnout: Work, Email and Vacation Time - August 2, 2019
- Cross Pollinating Catalyst Platforms with NetBeez - August 1, 2019