We’ve been hearing a lot of buzz about NetApp Insight this year, so we decided to investigate what this conference has to offer. We came away impressed by the breadth of technical content on the agenda as well as the additional offerings, including a great hands-on lab area as well as the opportunity to get certified on NetApp technologies. Whether you’re an existing or future NetApp customer or partner, Insight is the place to be!
NetApp will host two Insight events this year:
- September 26-29 in Las Vegas
- November 14-17 in Berlin
Register before 8/12 (US) or 8/31 (Berlin) for an Early Bird discount!
Just the Facts
Being US-based, we’re focusing on the Vegas event, but it looks like a similar agenda will be offered at both events. Insight starts Monday with Boot Camps in the morning and a General Session in the afternoon, followed by morning Keynotes on Tuesday and another General Session Wednesday. Every day features Breakout Sessions, Hands-On Labs, Certifications, and of course “Insight Central“, the Expo floor! There’s a Reception on the floor Tuesday evening and a grand Appreciation Event featuring Andy Grammer on Wednesday evening.
Insight US is at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, and they’re offering discounted hotel rooms for attendees. We’ve spent some time at the Mandalay Bay lately, and it’s a great venue for events like these: It’s at the end of the Strip so you can focus on the event, but still close enough to go see a show or get a great dinner in the evening. And since Monday is open, that’s your big opportunity!
Registration is open now! Sadly the Super Saver has passed, but the Early Bird discount is still available. Instead of $2,195, attendance is just $1,950 through August 12 for Las Vegas and € 1540 (down from € 1875) through August 31 for Berlin. There’s also a Day Pass available for $995 if you want to swing by and catch just one day of the event.
Why Attend Insight?
NetApp has been on a tear lately. After two decades of being one of the coolest companies in storage, they had lost quite a lot of “head space” with customers. But all that changed with the 2015 acquisition of possibly the coolest company in storage, SolidFire. Now, even the most jaded storage analysts have to admit that this is a new NetApp!
We got a peek inside this new NetApp at Storage Field Day in March, with a presentation by the “two Daves”, Dave Hitz (NetApp founder) and Dave Wright (SolidFire founder). Dave Hitz’ introduction ought to be required watching for anyone in the Storage space: He summarized where we all came from and where we’re all going, and made a case for NetApp to have a place in the future as important as their past.
This is a revitalized company with relevant products across the storage industry. If Insight offers this kind of insight (pardon the pun), it’ll be money and time well-spent.
Plus, you might just catch the Gestalt IT crew at Insight! Watch this space!
- The Cloud Extends Into the Datacenter: Druva at AWS re:Invent - December 13, 2019
- Docker Enterprise Sold to Mirantis, Docker Desktop, Hub Raise $35MM - November 19, 2019
- Juniper NXTWORK 2019 Keynote Live Blog - November 12, 2019
- Where Did Tech Field Day Come From? Tech Field Day at 10 - November 4, 2019
- Druva Protects Corporate Data Outside the Firewall - October 30, 2019
- It’s All About the Delegates: Tech Field Day at 10 - October 27, 2019
- Nth Generation Symposium Keynote Live Blog - October 24, 2019
- SolarWinds Aims to Connect the Data Dots - October 24, 2019
- Celebrating 10 Years of Pure Storage and Tech Field Day - October 23, 2019
- Meeting the Storage Performance Requirements of AI and ML Workloads with WekaIO - October 23, 2019