The Tech Field Day staff have been working behind the scenes to improve the quality and timeliness of video output from our event. We are pleased to present the first result of this work, in the form of live streaming from Tech Field Day 4 in San Jose this week.
Day 2 of Tech Field Day began with data management startup, Actifio. The Boston-based software company just recently came out of stealth and were eager to discuss their technology with the Field Day delegates.
The Actifio presentation was led by Ash Ashutosh, a well-known storage industry veteran. Ash discussed the data management issues faced by companies today and his personal decision to lead the company to address them. Rather than duplicating both effort and data, Actifio attempts to address backup and disaster recovery in a unified fashion.
The following delegate roundtable discussion began with a consideration of the company’s products but quickly turned to the state of the industry. Would companies buy from a startup? Is this a sign of a new trend in which intelligence is moved away from storage capacity? These are the questions addressed by the delegates.
- Disaggregated Architecture Runs Best with Enterprise Hybrid Cloud - July 21, 2020
- A Single Source of Truth Can Bring Justice to the World - July 14, 2020
- IT Observability Principles Can Help Bring Justice to the World - July 7, 2020
- The Cloud Extends Into the Datacenter: Druva at AWS re:Invent - December 13, 2019
- Docker Enterprise Sold to Mirantis, Docker Desktop, Hub Raise $35MM - November 19, 2019
- Juniper NXTWORK 2019 Keynote Live Blog - November 12, 2019
- Where Did Tech Field Day Come From? Tech Field Day at 10 - November 4, 2019
- Druva Protects Corporate Data Outside the Firewall - October 30, 2019
- It’s All About the Delegates: Tech Field Day at 10 - October 27, 2019
- Nth Generation Symposium Keynote Live Blog - October 24, 2019