Following on from Episode 9 – Post-Quantum Cryptography, I wanted to talk about the crazy world of Quantum Computing and try to help everyone understand how factoring large numbers and modeling natural systems works with this new shift in computing. Along the way, I get to teach a little about quantum physics, talk about cats and money, and even make a Scott Bakula joke. This episode has everything you always wanted to know about how to make a futuristic computer that knows everything and can break encryption while still sounding just sci-fi enough to be from Star Trek.
Show Notes (You’re Going to Need To Read These):
- Wikipedia Article on Quantum Computing
- Wikipedia Article on Quantum Supremacy
- Wikipedia Article on Schrödinger’s cat
- Scientific American article about quantum properties, including superposition
- IBM Introduction to Quantum Computing video – This whole video is amazing
- How Do Quantum Computers Work?
- Issues with Quantum Bit Flipping