Disaster recovery in the modern era feeds directly into an operation’s business continuity plan. Whether it’s recovering from an isolated malware attack or planning for a natural disaster, businesses need to be ready for all potential issues – big and small. That is why data protection in the modern era is no longer about just backup and recovery.
As Keith Townsend noted in a recent blog post:
“Modern data protection acts as a democratizing force for creating a new disaster recovery policy.
With modern data protection, organizations now can create and implement policies based on recovery time objectives (RTO) and recovery point objectives (RPO) that were only achievable for an elite class of IT budgets. Organizations have the tools to provide advanced policies without an enormous increase in associated cost.”
For more on this, be sure to read Keith’s entire article, “Multi-Cloud Disaster Recovery in the Modern World.” You can also watch this on-demand webinar as Keith and Commvault’s Penny Gralewski share their insights on harnessing the power of multi-cloud for disaster recovery.
- A New Era of Disaster Recovery and Data Protection - July 23, 2019
- How to Approach Digital Transformation - June 24, 2019
- Google Cloud Outage Provides Teachable Moment - June 13, 2019
- Where to Begin with Multi-Cloud Data Protection? - May 30, 2019
- Modernizing Data Protection for a Digitally Driven World - April 8, 2019