In this excellent Network Collective Short Take, Russ White breaks down the logic behind complex passwords. While a certain degree of complexity is needed to ward off the lowest level attackers, the real goal here is to make the barrier to guessing passwords enough for the would-be attacker to seek another target.
Russ does a good job of putting this into the context of individual user vs system security.
- Garmin’s Ransomware Outage | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 29, 2020 - July 29, 2020
- Ep. 12: What Happened to Skype? - July 27, 2020
- HPE, Silver Peak, and the Maturation of SD-WAN - July 24, 2020
- EU Lowers Its Privacy Shield | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 22, 2020 - July 22, 2020
- Ep. 11: SD-WAN Goes Corporate - July 20, 2020
- Can Liqid and Broadcom Take CI Mainstream? - July 20, 2020
- Nebulon Launches with Cloud-Defined Storage - July 17, 2020
- What Will HPE Do With Silver Peak? | Gestalt IT Rundown: July 15, 2020 - July 15, 2020
- Public Cloud Providers Place Bets on No-Code Success - July 13, 2020
- Ep. 10: How Can We Move Past Passwords? - July 13, 2020