In this excellent Network Collective Short Take, Russ White breaks down the logic behind complex passwords. While a certain degree of complexity is needed to ward off the lowest level attackers, the real goal here is to make the barrier to guessing passwords enough for the would-be attacker to seek another target.
Russ does a good job of putting this into the context of individual user vs system security.
- Veeam Acquired by Insight Partners | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 15, 2020 - January 15, 2020
- Wi-Fi Monetization is Bad – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - January 14, 2020
- AI Patent Trolls | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 8, 2019 - January 8, 2020
- IT Certifications Are More Valuable Than A College Degree – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - December 24, 2019
- Predictions for 2020 - December 19, 2019
- 2019 in Review | Gestalt IT Rundown: December 18, 2019 - December 18, 2019
- The Promise of the Cloud Cannot Be Achieved – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - December 17, 2019
- India’s New Data Regulation Bill | Gestalt IT Rundown: December 11, 2019 - December 11, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of December 9, 2019 - December 9, 2019
- Machine Learning Dominates at AWS re:Invent 2019 | Gestalt IT Rundown: December 4, 2019 - December 4, 2019