Gabriel Chapman of Thankfully the RAID is Gone comments:
Bear with me folks, as this is going to be a two-parter, and yes I ramble when I write, which is also how I speak.
Like many people who work in the technology field, I’m a bit of a pack rat when it comes to old hardware and tech manuals. Rooting around the garage the other day, I came across a pile of Storage magazines from the mid to late 2000s.
In one of the lead stories, “How to provision the right way,” one thing stands out immediately: many of the discussion points and trends from a decade ago are still just as relevant today.
Those who forget the past are doomed to keep storing it on block storage forever.
Read more at: 2005 Called, They Want Their Storage Issues Back
- Protecting Password Assets with BeyondTrust - August 14, 2019
- Stopping Network Blame with Kemp - August 12, 2019
- Rooted In Security with Banyan - August 9, 2019
- New Tech Era, New Skills, New Mindset. - August 7, 2019
- The BGP Conundrum - August 5, 2019
- IT Burnout: Work, Email and Vacation Time - August 2, 2019
- Cross Pollinating Catalyst Platforms with NetBeez - August 1, 2019
- Micro-Segmentation: What, Why, How? - July 31, 2019
- Why Containers? - July 26, 2019
- Slicing Through Cloud Complexity with CloudGenix - July 25, 2019