Vladan Seget of ESX Virtualization writes:
Low cost does not mean low quality but rather better bang for your bucks. I think One of the reasons that SMBs usually don’t go hyper-converged or webscale is the price. Solutions from vendors like Nutanix are usually not cost friendly because pay not only for hardware, but also for the proprietary technology running underneath AND also VMware licensing. Even if KVM and Hyper-V are often also options. That’s why Scalecomputing is something to look at as they leverage KVM as hypervisor solution. They offer pre-packaged (and pre-configured) systems where servers, storage, virtualization and HA lives on the same system. HA, vMotion.
Vladan takes a look at the Scale Computing solution demonstrated at Virtualization Field Day 5. Read on for this thoughts and how it fits into the marketplace.
- The Briar Patch of Software Patches - July 15, 2019
- Tackling Troublesome Tunnels with 128 Technology - July 9, 2019
- Meraki’s Eye in the Sky - June 27, 2019
- Intelligence In The Mist - June 20, 2019
- Clean Analytics with ScienceLogic - June 20, 2019
- Cisco Live US 2019 Keynote Liveblog - June 11, 2019
- Analyzing A Firehose with CounterFlow.ai - June 6, 2019
- Building The Gold Standard with Pica8 - June 5, 2019
- Avoiding Automation Archipelagos with Extreme Networks - May 29, 2019
- Finding Context In the Frames with Plixer - May 22, 2019