Vladan Seget of ESX Virtualization writes:
Today’s SSD’s the way they are connected to the motherboard are usually through SATA/SAS or PCIe. However those interfaces are still limited in bandwidth and access times resulting some latency, even compared to spinning disks SSDs via SATA/SAS or PCIe offers superiour performance and low latency. Diablo Technologies offers superior performance and lower latency by placing SSD chips via modules which are plugged where usually RAM Memory chipsgoes. This Memory Channel Storage Solution offers parallel access to the SSD’s present in those RAM slots the access times are the fastest ones and the latency lowest.
Memory channel storage is incredibly fast. As fast as the difference between SSDs and spinning disks. Plus, I’m a fan of bringing back “Memory Channel” as a computer acronym.
- Malware Microsegmentation with Illumio - October 16, 2019
- Commvault Go Day 2 Live Blog - October 16, 2019
- Design: Is It One Site or Two? - October 15, 2019
- Investing in the CWNE - October 15, 2019
- Wi-Fi6 Ratification: Not So Fast My Friend - October 14, 2019
- Connectivity Solved with Aryaka - October 11, 2019
- All-In on AI With Mist and Juniper - October 10, 2019
- Firefox DNS-over-HTTPS for the Enterprise - October 9, 2019
- When Is Something SD-WAN? - October 8, 2019
- Supply-Chain Security and Trust - October 3, 2019