Vladan Seget of ESX Virtualization writes:
Today’s SSD’s the way they are connected to the motherboard are usually through SATA/SAS or PCIe. However those interfaces are still limited in bandwidth and access times resulting some latency, even compared to spinning disks SSDs via SATA/SAS or PCIe offers superiour performance and low latency. Diablo Technologies offers superior performance and lower latency by placing SSD chips via modules which are plugged where usually RAM Memory chipsgoes. This Memory Channel Storage Solution offers parallel access to the SSD’s present in those RAM slots the access times are the fastest ones and the latency lowest.
Memory channel storage is incredibly fast. As fast as the difference between SSDs and spinning disks. Plus, I’m a fan of bringing back “Memory Channel” as a computer acronym.
- The Briar Patch of Software Patches - July 15, 2019
- Tackling Troublesome Tunnels with 128 Technology - July 9, 2019
- Meraki’s Eye in the Sky - June 27, 2019
- Intelligence In The Mist - June 20, 2019
- Clean Analytics with ScienceLogic - June 20, 2019
- Cisco Live US 2019 Keynote Liveblog - June 11, 2019
- Analyzing A Firehose with CounterFlow.ai - June 6, 2019
- Building The Gold Standard with Pica8 - June 5, 2019
- Avoiding Automation Archipelagos with Extreme Networks - May 29, 2019
- Finding Context In the Frames with Plixer - May 22, 2019