Check out our new single pain of glass.
Here’s your weekly look at what’s happening in enterprise IT.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel for unboxings, podcasts, and news coverage!
Automation and orchestration are key topics that are driving conversations around SDN and other IT ideas. Tom Hollingsworth takes a look at each through the lens of top-down vs. bottom-up methodology and why each has a place in your environment.
Every Thursday, we interview an interesting voice in IT for our IT Origins series. We dig into how they got their start in the industry, how it’s changed since then, and what are their best and worst IT trends. We also throw in some productivity tips and book recommendations. This week, we talked to Dong Ngo, independent IT consultant, former CNET.com Editor, and blogger at Dong Knows Tech. We discussed how he got into technology while studying to be a journalist in Vietnam, why the cryptocurrency craze reminds him of World of Warcarft, and why he never uses a cookbook.
Check out our latest FutureWAN18 Tech Talk by Larry Smith: Do your SaaS-based applications currently get steered in the most optimal way possible? If they do, is this a time consuming and manual effort? Or is there currently an automation expert who is crafting all of the components together to optimally direct the traffic? Chances are that the answer to these previous questions is “NO”. And if your answer is “YES” then are you already utilizing SD-WAN? If the answer is again “NO” then I encourage you to read on.
March 7-9, 2018
The Tech Field Day will be talking bits and bytes next week at Storage Field Day in Silicon Valley. They’ve got a packed roster of companies who will have in-depth technical presentations during the event. Make sure to watch their video live stream to catch each presentation, or subscribe to their YouTube channel to catch all the video after the event. Cohesity, Datrium, HGST, Hedvig, Huawei, IBM, StarWind, WekaIO will be joined by the just announced DropBox at the event. Follow along on Twitter using #SFD15, and the announced delegates Arjan Timmerman, Chan Ekanayake, Chin-Fah Heoh, Dan Frith, Dukagjin Maloku, Glenn Dekhayser, Josh De Jong, Lino Telera, Mariusz Kaczorek, Michael Stanclift, Rachel Traylor, and Ray Lucchesi.
This newsletter brought to you by the team at
- IT Certifications in 2019 - January 14, 2019
- Dropping the HAMR on Qualcomm | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 9, 2019 - January 9, 2019
- Composable Infrastructure is Just Blade Server 2.0 – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - January 8, 2019
- Saying Goodbye to Python 2.7 - January 4, 2019
- NooBaa is acquired by Red Hat - January 4, 2019
- 10 In-demand skills to learn in 2019 - January 3, 2019
- US Tariffs and Embedded Systems - January 2, 2019
- Stephane Charbonneau – IT Origins - December 21, 2018
- Australia demands an end to data protection - December 21, 2018
- Thomas Kurian and a Post-Greene GCP - December 20, 2018