It’s dangerous to go alone! Take this.
Here’s your weekly look at what’s happening in enterprise IT.
If you’d like to sign up for our newsletter and never miss an update, sign up here!
Intent-based networking is the new hotness, but what does it actually mean? In this episode, the panel discusses how it differs from older SDN ideas. IBN integrates an abstraction layer and orchestration into a system that identifies a single source of truth that isn’t the network itself.
Tom Hollingsworth and Rich Stroffolino meet live in cyberspace each Wednesday at 12:30pm ET to discuss the IT news of the week. Before the New Year, they each chose their biggest enterprise stories from 2017. They span an impressive gamut, from ransomware attacks, to the resurgence of competition in the server CPU market. Subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch live each week!
What is the world’s most valuable commodity? For more than a century, oil would perhaps be the most common response. But recently we’ve heard calls that data may have taken it’s place. The call that “data is the new oil” can be heard all over IT. As a metaphor it’s instructive, but perhaps not perfect. After mulling over the details an implications, Rich Stroffolino thought that there’s another energy source that better encapsulate’s data’s place in the economy. Perhaps, data is the new solar…
January 24-26, 2018
The Tech Field Day crew kicks off 2018 with a Networking Field Day event in Silicon Valley. They’ve got some of the biggest names in the industry scheduled to present at the event, including, Cisco, VMware, Juniper Networks, ThousandEyes, and Extreme Networks. Make sure to watch their video live stream to catch each presentation, along with the invited delegates on-site: Chris Grundemann, Dominik Pickhardt, Drew Conry-Murray, Dustin Beare, Eyvonne Sharp, Greg Ferro, John Herbert, Larry Smith, Marena Karasevich, Nick Buraglio, Phil Gervasi, and Richard McIntosh. Follow along on Twitter using #NFD17.
This newsletter brought to you by the team at
- Fast Object Storage: No Longer an Oxymoron? - February 27, 2020
- FreedomFi To Offer Private LTE Networks | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 26, 2020 - February 26, 2020
- Are We Ready for UltraRAM? - February 20, 2020
- Dell Technologies Sells RSA Security to Private Equity Fund | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 19, 2020 - February 19, 2020
- VMware’s Licensing Lessons - February 17, 2020
- The End to No Breach Ransomware? | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 12, 2020 - February 12, 2020
- IBM Playing CEO 3D Chess - February 12, 2020
- VMware per-CPU Cost Changes | Gestalt IT Rundown: February 5 ,2020 - February 5, 2020
- Hadoop is Dead – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - February 5, 2020
- Cisco Live Europe Reactions | Gestalt IT Rundown: January 29, 2020 - January 29, 2020