We dug back in the On-Premise IT Roundtable archives to bring you an episode originally recorded in 2016, but incredibly prescient today. The roundtable discusses how IT companies can differentiate in an age of increasing commoditization. They look at examples like DSSD, Kaminario, and SimpliVity as ways to differentiate hardware, albeit at a considerable expense of time and resources. They then turn to software, and discuss the wave of SDS products that turned out to be features. The discussion is fascinating because many of the trends identified in this discussion have now played out in one form or another.
On-Premises for today’s roundtable:
Follow us on Twitter.
SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter for more great coverage right in your inbox.
- Simplification Adds Risk – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - November 19, 2019
- Disney Nonplussed | Gestalt IT Rundown: November 13, 2019 - November 13, 2019
- What’s the challenge of IPv6? Find out in Gestalt News - November 11, 2019
- Glass Effect | Gestalt IT Rundown: November 6, 2019 - November 6, 2019
- The Administrative Hurdle of IPv6 – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - November 5, 2019
- The Last JEDI | The Gestalt IT Rundown: October 30, 2019 - October 30, 2019
- Gestalt News for the Week of October 28, 2019 - October 28, 2019
- Microsoft’s First Movere Advantage | Gestalt IT Rundown: October 23, 2019 - October 23, 2019
- Storage: You Gotta Keep ’em Separated – The On-Premise IT Roundtable - October 22, 2019
- The latest takes from Commvault GO, Pure Accelerate and more! - October 21, 2019