Join us for coverage of the Nth Generation Symposium Keynote!
We recently got to look at the HPE ProLiant ML110 Gen10. It’s a versatile option for SMBs with a well thought out design and some surprising features.
A recent survey polled people to find the most recognizable company logos. We look at what IT companies resonate across the world.
HPE announced plans to acquire Plexxi. Since then, we’ve learned they’ll roll the assets into the HCI and Composable Infrastructure solutions. It’s an interesting move and shows HPE isn’t content with their previous HCI acquisitions.
Rich Stroffolino is flying solo this week on the Rundown! Talking HPE’s acquisition of Cape Networks, Foxconn buying Belkin, the state of the African tech startup scene, and announcements from NVIDIA GTC.
In this iteration of Gestalt Server News:
– The On-Premise IT Roundtable discusses if all storage should be scale-out at this point
– We talked to Russ White for our IT Origins Series
– The Gestalt IT Rundown reviews the news of the week
Plus our Holiday Gift Guide, including Cyber Monday deals!
This week on the Gestalt IT Rundown:
– the FCC’s Net Neutrality rules shakeup effecting the enterprise
– the rise of browser-based cryptocurrency mining for monetization
– Broadcom finalized the Brocade deal, what exactly did they get?
– Meg Whitman’s legacy from her tenure with Hewlett Packard Enterprise
The idea behind composable infrastructure is so cool, it seems like it has to be made up. The basic concept it to be able to dynamically use pooled resources to make servers that fit your current need, rather than make applications and use cases conform to fixed hardware. If I had to personify composable infrastructure, it would be a transformer that’s made up of grey goo nanobots.
Liqid’s composable infrastructure bridges the gap with this fantastic idea with PCIe Fabric and bare metal goodness. Sadly no nanobots.
What’s happening this week in Server News:
* Docker is the New Twitter
* The Anti-Gestalt of HPE’s The Machine
* Rolling Your Own Kubernetes
Plus the Gestalt IT Holiday Gift Guide!
Here’s your bi-weekly look at what’s happening in Networking:
* Ixia Works Out Its Network Trust Issues
* Enterprise Focused SD-WAN with Viptela
* HPE Discover Reactions