Data science and machine learning developments can’t have an impact if they don’t get into everyone’s hands. In this episode, Amanda Kelly of Streamlit joins Chris Grundemann and Stephen Foskett to talk about the challenges and opportunities in bringing data science to everyone’s hands. How can we enable marketing, sales, marketing, and other elements of the business to access data and make informed decisions themselves? Data science teams have to meet business people where they are to better answer their questions rather than trying to create a perfect model in a vacuum. Streamlit helps to productize python scripts with a complete and flexible front-end and easy deployment, making it easy to share and iterate. These micro apps foster collaboration and interaction between data science and the business.
- Stephen: Is AI just a new aspect of data science or is it truly a unique field?
- Chris: Can you think of an application for ML that has not yet been rolled out but will make a major impact in the future?
- Leon Adato: What responsibility do you think IT folks have to insure the things that we build are ethical?
- Chris Grundemann, Gigaom Analyst and Managing Director of Grundemann Technology Solutions. Connect with Chris on ChrisGrundemann.com and on Twitter at @ChrisGrundemann.
- Stephen Foskett, Publisher of Gestalt IT and Organizer of Tech Field Day . Find Stephen’s writing at GestaltIT.com and on Twitter at @SFoskett.
For your weekly dose of Utilizing AI, subscribe to our podcast on your favorite podcast app through Anchor FM and check out more Utilizing AI podcast episodes on the dedicated website, https://utilizing-ai.com/.