Data is the most important element of artificial intelligence, but how is that data managed and stored? In this episode of Utilizing AI, Adi Gelvan of Speedb goes deep under the hood to take a look at the data engine along with Frederic Van Haren and Stephen Foskett. Facebook’s RocksDB provides the basic storage for many webscale projects, managing metadata in a massive scale. Because of the inherent limits of RocksDB, most cloud applications shard data across many data engines. But Speedb takes a different approach, bringing more advanced storage technology to build a compatible data engine. A good data engine can massively improve overall performance, and data scientists and AI engineers would be wise to consider the storage engine, not just the processing components and models.
- Frederic: In what areas will AI have little to no impact?
- Stephen: Is AI just a new aspect of data science or is it truly a unique field?
- Rob Telson of BrainChip: Where do you see AI having the most beneficial impact on our society?
Adi Gelvan, Co-Founder and CEO of Speedb. Find out more at www.speedb.io or reach out to Adi at [email protected].
- Frederic Van Haren, Founder at HighFens Inc., Consultancy & Services. Connect with Frederic on Highfens.com or on Twitter at @FredericVHaren.
- Stephen Foskett, Publisher of Gestalt IT and Organizer of Tech Field Day . Find Stephen’s writing at GestaltIT.com and on Twitter at @SFoskett.
For your weekly dose of Utilizing AI, subscribe to our podcast on your favorite podcast app through Anchor FM and check out more Utilizing AI podcast episodes on the dedicated website, https://utilizing-ai.com/.
Leave a Comment