We begin by taking a look at the world of data and analytics in the enterprise. Data architects like Yves have been involved in enterprise IT applications for decades, but the world really took off with the advent of data warehouses and the field of data science.
Now AI and ML are impacting the field in many ways, and we discuss how this world has changed. Data scientists come from a statistics background, while modelers come from software engineering. How do the tools interact and intersect?
What is Yves excited about and what frightens him? How does the infrastructure support all this?
We finish with a look at what the future looks like: We will see a lot of evolution in science and medicine for data and ML, and this technology will be found everywhere in the datacenter and the cloud.
Key questions covered include the following:
- How did the world of data and analytics evolve in the enterprise?
- How has AI/ML impacted the job of the data scientist?
- How can the data modelers, software developers, and IT Ops work together?
This Episode Features:
- Yves Mulkers, Data & Analytics Strategist. Find Yves on Twitter at @YvesMulkers.
- Stephen Foskett, Publisher of Gestalt IT and Organizer of Tech Field Day. Find Stephen’s writing at GestaltIT.com and on Twitter at @SFoskett.
For your weekly dose of Utilizing AI, subscribe to our podcast on your favorite podcast app through Anchor FM and watch more Utilizing AI podcast videos on the dedicated website https://utilizing-ai.com/