Duncan Epping of Yellow Bricks comments:
Brilliant marketing slogan by the way (IBM) which has stuck around since the 70s and is now being used by many others. I wondered though… Did anyone ever get fired for buying Pure Storage? Or for buying Tintri? What about Nutanix? Or VMware Virtual SAN? Hold on, maybe someone got fired for buying Nimble, yeah probably Nimble then. No of course not, even after a dozen google searches nothing shows up. Why you may ask yourself, well because typically people don’t get fired for buying a certain solution. People get fired for being incompetent / lazy / stupid. In the case of infrastructure and workloads that translates in to managing and placing workloads incorrectly or misconfiguring infrastructure. Fatal mistakes which result in dataloss or long periods of downtime, that is what gets you fired.
No one ever got fired for buying IBM, but no one ever got promoted for it either. Sometimes you have to take risks to really moved the status quo.
Read more at: No one ever got fired for buying IBM/HP/DELL/EMC etc
- Flexible NFV with Array Networks - August 7, 2017
- Cloud onRamp – Making The Cloud More Local For Your Users - July 26, 2017
- Feeling Your Flow with Plixer - July 19, 2017
- What Are ASICs? A Human Example - July 11, 2017
- Migrating to Healthcare Cloud Apps With Acadia and Viptela - June 5, 2017
- FutureWAN – The SD-WAN Education You Need - May 26, 2017
- Linksys and the Resurgence of the SMB - May 8, 2017
- Review – Docker Networking Cookbook - February 13, 2017
- The Future of SD-WAN Is Now! - January 10, 2017
- How Kindred Healthcare Uses SD-WAN to Secure Patient Data - December 2, 2016