We dug back in the On-Premise IT Roundtable archives to bring you an episode originally recorded in 2016, but incredibly prescient today. The roundtable discusses how IT companies can differentiate in an age of increasing commoditization. They look at examples like DSSD, Kaminario, and SimpliVity as ways to differentiate hardware, albeit at a considerable expense of time and resources. They then turn to software, and discuss the wave of SDS products that turned out to be features. The discussion is fascinating because many of the trends identified in this discussion have now played out in one form or another.
On-Premises for today’s roundtable:
Follow us on Twitter.
SUBSCRIBE to our newsletter for more great coverage right in your inbox.
- MacOS Has Been Around Longer Than Classic Mac OS - May 24, 2018
- Jon Hildebrand – IT Origins - May 24, 2018
- Q(uestion)LC Flash | Gestalt IT Rundown: May 23, 2018 - May 24, 2018
- Pure Accelerate Live Blog – Day 2 - May 24, 2018
- Pure Accelerate Live Blog - May 23, 2018
- BONUS: Patric Palm – IT Origins - May 22, 2018
- HPE Buying Plexxi - May 21, 2018
- Random Numbers on a Raspberry Pi - May 17, 2018
- FPGAs are Coming for AI Workloads - May 17, 2018
- Patric Palm – IT Origins - May 17, 2018